View Poll Results: On what carrier would you release the Pre 2?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

89 80.91%
  • Verizon

10 9.09%
  • AT&T

7 6.36%
  • T-Mobile

2 1.82%
  • Other

2 1.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If this rumor turns out to be true, where would you guys release the Pre 2?

Will the Samsung Galaxy S Arrive at All Major US Carriers by End of Year? | Android Phone Fans

Considering VZW already has the Droid Incredible, AT&T will most likely have the iPhone 4/HD, Sprint will have the EVO 4G and T-Mobile already has the N1. Add the Samsung Galaxy S into the mix and I don't know if there is a viable space for the Pre 2. T-mobile might be the best bet since the Nexus one is only sold online.

If you post other, explain what you are thinking.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Tmobile? No...

I'm hoping for Sprint
    Hey, I want it on at&t because I'm stuck on here, but I think it should be on at least 3 providers after ~3 months please!!!!
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
  4.    #4  
    well, I am asking more where do you think the Pre 2 will succeed, not where you want it. Ideally I would want it on sprint so I could take a realistic look at it, otherwise I am stuck on sprint for a little bit.

Sprint. I've got a $55 a month plan, I'm not hoping from carrier to carrier, paying ETF fees and who knows what else so that I can pay even more for more expensive plans and another phone.

As for a strategic reasoning, well. T-mobile does not have that many people and kind of has a reputation for being for teens, Verizon did a crap job on the Pre and is just well...Verizon ::shudder::, so I would still say Sprint or AT&T. You may be able to get some people who want to jump ship from the iPhone, but not to another carrier.
    Well, it's looking like Verizon is going to get the iphone at some time. So having the Pre2 directly competing with that is a bad idea.

AT&T has alot of loyal iphone fans. They're also getting the Pre/Pixi Plus soon. Releasing the Pre2 shortly after the Plus doesn't seem right.

Tmobile: I didn't know people still cared about them

Sprint seems like the best choice. It would also kinda reward us who basically beta tested the Pre from launch
    as many as they can get
    Last edited by Warblad13; 04/19/2010 at 11:55 PM.
    I say at&t or t-mobile, this way they can pretty much launch worldwide at the same time and come out with a CDMA version later, or better yet screw verizon and just go wimax.
    It actually would make more sense to launch the Pre 2 on Sprint...with the EVO coming there as the first 4G phone, Sprint will probably want to tout more 4G devices than the other carriers, since it's invested quite a bit of cash building a 4G network. Hopefully Sprint learned its lesson from the Pre's initial launch and won't half-***** it this time around...and let's hope the initial batch's defects are kept to a minimum.
    whos to say there will be a pre 2?? Don't know huh??!! I read in another post about the c40 and it's new features.but we'll see. ;-)
    sprint they have great monthly plans and a 4g network.and I'd rather see pre 2 with 4g capabilites
    Quote Originally Posted by rudyrude432 View Post
    whos to say there will be a pre 2?? Don't know huh??!! I read in another post about the c40 and it's new features.but we'll see. ;-)
    Since your post was useless anyway, I'll cast your vote for Sprint.
    sprint for sure since we had the first ever Pre and were Palms first webOS supporters, but IMHO the carrier exclusivity is hurting potential sales... Why not release in all US major carriers within days of each other like HTC did with the Touch Pro2? If Palm wants to gain as much users as possible they can't pull the same stunt they did with Sprint and then Verizon with the Plus
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    looks like sprint is gonna win this in a landslide since most people here on are sprint to begin with, but heres a question for you guys, if the pre 2 was released on either verizon or at&t, how many of you would switch carriers?
    I'm guessing it will be Sprint - they seem to get the new devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    looks like sprint is gonna win this in a landslide since most people here on are sprint to begin with, but heres a question for you guys, if the pre 2 was released on either verizon or at&t, how many of you would switch carriers?
    That would be quite the dilemma..Sprint's plans are affordable for me, which is why I stick with them. I think if there was an exclusivity window, I'd hold out until it came to Sprint. At least then I'd know about any initial launch problems for the device months in advance
    Sprint initially. That's why Sprint didn't get the Pre Plus. I don't think it's going to be a 4G phone but I'm fine with it. Rather wait for 4G to mature.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I'm suspecting Sprint, partially to capture the "early adopter" crowd that will suddenly be eligible for upgrades.

That said, I believe the window for introduction on other providers will be very small.
    I say it's gonna be metro pcs
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I say it's gonna be metro pcs
    Hey, US Cellular just got an exclusive with the HTC Desire!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast