1.    #1  
    ant type so e letters any fixes ? Really annoying 2nd pre already in 6 onths
    I'm guessing that "m" and "c" are some of those keys
    Quote Originally Posted by nycinter View Post
    ant type so e letters any fixes ? Really annoying 2nd pre already in 6 onths
    Pre Plus? Verizon says it's a software issue... Maybe it'll be fixed when they release 1.4.1.1.

edit-
    Oh, can't be a plus since you've been having these issues for 6 months...
    have we determined that it is software and not hardware? I have resisted the urge to ask Verizon to replace my phone in hopes that 1.4.1 will solve the problem.

It takes too long to customize my Pre and order a replacement ZAGG over a little thing. I am hoping someone has confirmed that 1.4.1 fixes the issue. Hey, maybe that's why 1.4.1 is taking so long to be released for Verizon.

Anyone know for sure? Can you point me to a link to back it up? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    have we determined that it is software and not hardware? I have resisted the urge to ask Verizon to replace my phone in hopes that 1.4.1 will solve the problem.

It takes too long to customize my Pre and order a replacement ZAGG over a little thing. I am hoping someone has confirmed that 1.4.1 fixes the issue. Hey, maybe that's why 1.4.1 is taking so long to be released for Verizon.

I don't have a link to a specific thread. I just remember seeing in a few places that Verizon says it's a software issue. It's always possible I'm wrong though. I'd wait for Verizon to release 1.4.1.1 for you guys before getting a replacement though. That is, of course, the keyboard issue is really driving you crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I don't have a link to a specific thread. I just remember seeing in a few places that Verizon says it's a software issue. It's always possible I'm wrong though. I'd wait for Verizon to release 1.4.1.1 for you guys before getting a replacement though. That is, of course, the keyboard issue is really driving you crazy.
    Thanks. It's not a matter of driving me crazy, it's a matter of not wanting to swap the phone if it isn't a hardware problem. New hardware isn't likely to solve a bug in webOS. I'm happy to wait unless someone tells me it is definitely hardware.

I would expect Verizon to blame the OS, which is why I wish Palm would actually tell users what is going on.

I talked to Verizon support and they told me it must be a hardware problem, but they don't get info on new releases until they are out. Even though they said it was a hardware problem, I plan to wait. I don't need to swap out phones just for fun, and I'm sure 1.4.1 (or 1.5 or whatever) will be out soon.
    My original Pre (Sprint) also leaves out letters! I used to think perhaps I was mistyping, but no...this is happening very frequently. SO annoying!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

Verizon told me it's a software issue, and it's on the "known issues" list. They refused to give me a new Pre for that exact reason - because they think it will be fixed with the next update.

Palm also told me that they aren't sure, but they think it's software (see either link below for the actual response I received from Palm at their support forum). After dealing with it for a few weeks, I think it's a combination of hardware software, and I'm waiting for 1.4.1, but I'll most likely end up trading this sucker in for another phone. The keys just don't feel right.

More Info:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tirely-15.html

Pre Plus Keyboard Problems - Keys not being recogn... - Palm Support Community