Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If palm could fix the hardware problems on their phones,and give us the sprint pre 2,i'll definitely go for it. The thought of having the pre 2 over the pre plus blows my mind away. Who's with me?
    The pre plus already is the "improved" or "better quality" hardware the pre 2 would be new hardware
    Depends on cost - where I am on my contract, how much it would be to upgrade, etc.

And also what the devices & whether I like it. As neat as the PrePlus is, I wouldn't like not having the center button - I use it all the time.
    As long as I'm happy with the form factor, I'm ready to give Palm my money for an upgraded device, as long as it's not a Plus. I like change, and a Plus is not much of a change IMO.
    Yes
    Short answer...YES!

As long as its NOT just the Pre Plus. Bigger screen, faster processor, more RAM, and wifi N...along with the vertical slider.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    if they released something in quality similar to the droid, iphone or to a greater degree, the Evo, then yes. i love webOS but i think the pre is way behind the curve.

small screen
    mediocre build quality
    terrible battery
    more ram
    speedier processor
    I'll upgrade to whatever Palm phone sprints offers. Hopefully not the Pre Plus though.

We should all keep in mind that the plus also has it's share of problems, keyboard and gps issues. The gps issues are probably verizon's fault but the keyboard problem seems like hardware to me.

I'm personally hoping for an entirely new device.
    yup
    yes but only with a bigger screen, anything else and i will just wait with my pre till pre3 comes out lol
    Well here in Canada we STILL have only the original Pre for sale by one carrier, Bell.. No Pre-Plus, no Pixi-anything

Personally if the Pre-Plus got revamped to fix all the hardware glitches I'd grab that & be real happy with it. I LOVE the form factor and size of the Palm Pre! If the Pre 2 winds up being almost the size of a paperback book like the ginormous Evo, pass on that..
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymook View Post
    if they released something in quality similar to the droid, iphone or to a greater degree, the Evo, then yes. i love webOS but i think the pre is way behind the curve.

small screen
    mediocre build quality
    terrible battery
    more ram
    speedier processor

"YES !"
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    With a larger screen yes and keep the pearl button.
    Yes
    If it had a bigger screen, optional on-screen keyboard & if they made it FASTER......
    Yes, if it had features that rival the HTC Evo.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Yeah, I agree with fr4nk1yn. There's too much of a backlog of Pres to be talking about a Pre 2. Further everyone who bought a Pre on ATT or in any of the other new markets would be pretty ****ed if a month later Palm came out with Pre 2.

I think that Palm's plan is too launch on as many more carriers that they can (with Pres and Pre +s)all while working on Pre 2. This gets their foot into a bunch of markets. JR stated that it will be much easier in the future to launch devices now / once they are in more markets because they will have their relationships firmly established.

I think everyone wants the Pre 2 to hit this summer but I doubt it will as the above stated conditions won't be in place. Further instead of trying to launch WebOS 2 (you know what I mean)/Pre 2 against Iphone and Android phones in the summer they might want to launch at a time where their message doesn't get as diluted. What am I saying? I bet we don't see a Pre 2 for about another 6 or 7 months. Maybe in time for holiday shopping. Course I hear new Windows 7 phone then too but still probably better to square off against Windows than the other 2.

-smdx-
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Am I the only one that wants to keep the Pre the same size? I like the way that it fits in my hand and I like the gesture area, so I guess I don't want a larger screen. I don't really care about the center button, although I use it a lot. I would just have to learn to tap the middle of the gesture area instead of a button.
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    Am I the only one that wants to keep the Pre the same size? I like the way that it fits in my hand and I like the gesture area, so I guess I don't want a larger screen. I don't really care about the center button, although I use it a lot. I would just have to learn to tap the middle of the gesture area instead of a button.
    I am with you jc924. So long as I did not have the oreo, broken power button & cracked usb. I do like the current size and would maybe like a glass screen for durability. I really like the size and fell as is...
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    You bet- sprint reception is >= all other carriers in my area and substantially cheaper than any other carrier option with full data and great talk.
    Wish list for Pre 2:

More Ram...Like a Gig...
    More Local Storage...Like 32 Gig...
    Faster CPU...1 Ghz or better...
    GPU that actually does something...not just silicon along for the ride...
    Keyboard with better tactile feel...Not mushy...But clicky...
    Same screen or slightly bigger...Best damn phone screen I have used outside...
    Micro SD slot...Let us add what we want when we want...apps, music, videos...
    Louder speaker...Fairly good as is but needs a boost
    Better camera...Self explanatory...it is Meh...

I know with a list like that it sounds like I am complaining about my Pre (Launch day unit) but truth is I really like my Pre and want MORE on the hardware side from Palm in Pre 2.

If they bring one out on Sprint...I am certainly in. And yes...it has to be on Sprint. I have stuck with Sprint's poor selection of devices for years but their service and pricing keeps me as a customer.

If Palm bombs (lord please don't let it happen) then it will be sad as I think WebOS has a real future...it just needs current hardware. If they hang in and give me some cool new hardware...count me a continuing Palm customer and I will be there to get one on launch day.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast