Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would upgrade regardless as well. Day one buyer, and don't have hardware issues.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I'd buy the pre 2 on launch date
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Depends on cost - where I am on my contract, how much it would be to upgrade, etc.

And also what the devices & whether I like it. As neat as the PrePlus is, I wouldn't like not having the center button - I use it all the time.
    I've tested the Pre Plus at a Verizon store -the button is removed, yes, however it still reacts the same -it just has a light-up line that exists instead...
    I would be in line on launch day to grab a Pre 2. After using WebOS since last year, I can't imagine going on to another phone.
  5.    #25  
    [QUOTE=063_xobx;2392106]The pre plus already is the "improved" or "better quality" hardware the pre 2 would be new hardware[/QU How dumb can u be.. the pre plus have the same hardware stupid!
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kipplitz View Post
    Wish list for Pre 2:

More Ram...Like a Gig...
    More Local Storage...Like 32 Gig...
    Faster CPU...1 Ghz or better...
    GPU that actually does something...not just silicon along for the ride...
    Keyboard with better tactile feel...Not mushy...But clicky...
    Same screen or slightly bigger...Best damn phone screen I have used outside...
    Micro SD slot...Let us add what we want when we want...apps, music, videos...
    Louder speaker...Fairly good as is but needs a boost
    Better camera...Self explanatory...it is Meh...
    If that's the Pre2, then I am on board. As long as it isn't significantly bigger.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    The pre plus already is the "improved" or "better quality" hardware the pre 2 would be new hardware
    How dumb can u be.. the pre plus have the same hardware stupid!
    Chips / Etc, yes you are right (Besides double ram / storage). But the keyboard was said to have been 'improved', which unfortunately for some has meant double typing letters / etc which is not an issue with Pre.
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ;2392106
    The pre plus already is the "improved" or "better quality" hardware the pre 2 would be new hardware[/QU How dumb can u be.. the pre plus have the same hardware stupid!
    Well that reply was unnecessary, he just gave his personal opinion and did not insult you in any way for you to call him stupid but he also happens to be right though, their will not be a pre two, but instead new hardware and maybe a change of name. The name "pre" in a lot of peoples eyes even if it was called the pre2,would still have the stain of bad hardware. look at the storm and storm2 for an example. what i find stupid is asking people an obvious question on if they would upgrade to new hardware when we all already know the answer, In case if you dont its yes.
    I would be in the wait-and-see mode. My Pre actually has everything I need, and does not leave me wanting more (thank you Preware and Homebrew!) It is fast enough for me, and has enough memory. Okay, the battery life sucks, but I've learned to work around that.

I will probably run my Pre until it doesn't work anymore, then see what's out there at that time.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    As long as I'm happy with the form factor, I'm ready to give Palm my money for an upgraded device, as long as it's not a Plus. I like change, and a Plus is not much of a change IMO.
    This is my thoughts, but I still really like the pres form factor tho, so even if it's a drastically different device and not too big a phone, I'll take one.

Please have omap4 tho, if iphone 4G does end up with apples A4 chip,it will be out dated the moment omap4 hits any device. Let it be the pre2 please.
    Last edited by bdog421; 04/20/2010 at 03:43 AM.
    Yes if it had a larger screen.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymook View Post
    if they released something in quality similar to the droid, iphone or to a greater degree, the Evo, then yes. i love webOS but i think the pre is way behind the curve.

small screen
    mediocre build quality
    terrible battery
    more ram
    speedier processor
    Having a physical kb makes up for so much screen realstate that I would rather have the vert slider w/this size than a larger screen & mere virtual kb
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    The pre plus already is the "improved" or "better quality" hardware the pre 2 would be new hardware
    I do apologize for getting carried away and call you out of your name,as i say before everyone is entitle to their opinions.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12