1.    #1  
    Well, the honeymoon is over and i'm not starting to see some of the annoying shortcomings of my Pre. It's still the best smartphone i've ever had! But recently i've been getting the "Too many cards" notice LOTS! Now it even does it when I unlock the phone.....LOL.
    I haven't had it once since doing auto Garbage Colleciton with JStop and the 250-800 cpu scaling with CPUScalerUltimate.

Phone runs cooler, battery lasts longer, and it is faster!
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    I haven't had it once since doing auto Garbage Colleciton with JStop and the 250-800 cpu scaling with CPUScalerUltimate.

I will second this, with 720mhz patch, and the CPUScaler I have had no problems, and its been lighting fast.

Also running very cool, I dont feel any heat.
    auto Garbage Colleciton with JStop is a must have in the pre
    I use JSTop also and hardly ever get too many cards. And I have a regular Pre, not the Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post

out of curiosity, how much more battery life are you gaining?
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    out of curiosity, how much more battery life are you gaining?
    in real world usage (which for me means a bit of gps or google maps, 10 min an hour on phone, emails checking live 24/7) I am gaining about 1.5 hours of battery life.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    Where do i get Garbage Colleciton with JStop and CPUScaler?
    Do you have to keep JsTop open for Auto Garbage Collection to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by HebrewHammer View Post
    no
    no to many cards for mw since jstop.
    Quote Originally Posted by HebrewHammer View Post
    this is my question too. I still get the cards error. Mainly if I play a 3d game w/o restarting. I have jstop and the 800 overclock. Does the cpu scaling make abig difference in conjunction with those?
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    this is my question too. I still get the cards error. Mainly if I play a 3d game w/o restarting. I have jstop and the 800 overclock. Does the cpu scaling make abig difference in conjunction with those?
    jstop works great but it does not cure every single problem with to many cards. even for myself having it set to auto garbage collect, still needing to sometimes manually do it. the 800 patch should not have an affect with jstop. jstop in combination with Jason's preset reset does wonders
    If it's any consolation, Android phones just lock up and it's harder to kill a program.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    If it's any consolation, Android phones just lock up and it's harder to kill a program.
    Android has an app called Advance Task Killer that kills any and all programs, so it's not harder to kill a program. Android is really bad about killing programs though.

I have only gotten 1 Too many cards warning since I installed the 720mhz patch and it was because I closed uno and opened Hawx right away but as soon as I got rid of the warning I hit the Hawx icon again and it loaded right up.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Preaching to the choir I had 2 myTouch 3Gs and a Nexus One before coming to the Pre. Android IMO is way more buggy than webOS....too many cards or not, webOS is much more stable.