1.    #1  
    How do you permanently erase a text message conversation.

Everytime I erase an entire conversation (by swiping it and then hitting delete), the next thing I know, it's back again. Que carajo!

I did a search "erasing text messages" and didn't find anything useful.

Help. This is extremely annoying!

Thanks
    Depending on how big the conversation is, I've noticed after you delete it, it might take a while for the entire conversation to delete.. I did it with Twitter and it took way longer than I expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonso View Post
    How do you permanently erase a text message conversation.

Everytime I erase an entire conversation (by swiping it and then hitting delete), the next thing I know, it's back again. Que carajo!

I did a search "erasing text messages" and didn't find anything useful.

Help. This is extremely annoying!

Thanks
    Swipe to the right. Either delete the individual message or delete the recipient of the text message and their all gone.
    I saw this before... only when I had thousands of messages for one conversation...maybe above 5000. I deleted a bunch individually and then deleted the whole thing at once.. I bet there is another hack to do it though.
    Out of curiosity are you on the latest and greatest os?
    if you delete the entire thread, it comes back. Drives me crazy too!

Isn't there a patch for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if you delete the entire thread, it comes back. Drives me crazy too!

Isn't there a patch for that?
    There is a patch: Swipe to Delete. I have it installed. Don't know if that is the right patch for the purpose, but I have never had a text message return.
    Sounds like the OP is "pulling a tiger"
    Depending on how many texts are in the thread, it can take forever. I remember swiping one to delete, it disappeared, but then my messaging app locked up. So I restarted. The entire thread I deleted before had returned!

I actually deleted a thread that had 6k+ messages in it the other day. My messaging app was basically broken for 25 minutes while it deleted all the messages. Kind of annoying.
  9.    #9  
    thanks for the replies. I've been erasing the same conversations/ threads (not individual texts) since yesterday.... everytime I restart the device, they all pop back up....

this may be related to a different issue but all of a sudden my phone is running slower & universal search isn't functioning properly, i've nothing new recently (patch or new program wise) & I am running 1.4.1,

thanks again for the replies. I do have the 800mhz patch, but i've running that without an issuefor a bit, this stuff just started yesterday.... just since yesterday i've been tryin to clean up my texts