Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    60664 time!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I dont get it....
    Thanks!
    hmmm...Whats going on? lol
  5.    #5  
    You must have Verizon... dont worry about it
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Got it, thanks for the heads up.
    PRL = Preferred Roaming List

Find current PRL:

Launcher
    Device Info
    More Info
    -----------
    To update PRL:

Telephone
    Sprint (in my case) on top
    Preferrences
    Update PRl
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post

Find current PRL:

Launcher
    Device Info
    More Info
    -----------
    To update PRL:

Telephone
    Preferrences
    Update PRl
    I have never done this and have been with Sprint for years, does this help reception out alot?
    60664 check in, Evanston IL. weird i used to be a 60670 few months ago. i feel like i downgraded lol
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    woohoo! PRL update!
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    yep, my prl is updated to 60664 also........
    wut does this mean?
    51831 for me.
    someone tell them I'm at work and can't take the time...
    Last edited by way2muchkc4u; 04/19/2010 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    wut does this mean?
    On many networks, regularly updating the PRL is advised if the subscriber uses the device outside the home area frequently, particularly if they do so in multiple different areas. This allows the phone to choose the best roaming carriers, particularly "roaming partners" with whom the home carrier has a cost-saving roaming agreement with.

For example, say you had a Sprint PCS phone, and were travelling in an area with no Sprint coverage, weak Verizon coverage, and strong Qwest coverage. The PRL would tell the phone to look for towers using Sprint's band for that area. Finding none, it might tell the phone to search for towers in Verizon's band next, perhaps because Sprint's roaming agreement with Qwest was not as favorable, or none existed. The phone would use Verizon's towers, as dictated by the PRL, even though Qwest might provide a better signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post

Find current PRL:

Launcher
    Device Info
    More Info
    -----------
    To update PRL:

Telephone
    Preferrences
    Update PRl
    on verizon dial *228 and select option 2
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    How often should the PRL be updated?
    my phone is so much faster now.... woot woot.. go palm
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    How often should the PRL be updated?
    atleast once every 2 months but thats being liberal. prl essentially is a list of towers to use on the roaming carrier (thus preferred roaming). its updates the list of towers to use wheather its gained or lost towers is up to the roaming carrier but it affects evdo roaming and 1x.

just like example...

67049 could be evdo roaming on alltel towers
    67058 could be verizon had enough for sprint leasing thier roaming capabilities and turn it off completely.

thank you mytether
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    On many networks, regularly updating the PRL is advised if the subscriber uses the device outside the home area frequently, particularly if they do so in multiple different areas. This allows the phone to choose the best roaming carriers, particularly "roaming partners" with whom the home carrier has a cost-saving roaming agreement with.

For example, say you had a Sprint PCS phone, and were travelling in an area with no Sprint coverage, weak Verizon coverage, and strong Qwest coverage. The PRL would tell the phone to look for towers using Sprint's band for that area. Finding none, it might tell the phone to search for towers in Verizon's band next, perhaps because Sprint's roaming agreement with Qwest was not as favorable, or none existed. The phone would use Verizon's towers, as dictated by the PRL, even though Qwest might provide a better signal.
    I guess there's no way to see who you're roaming on, huh? Be nice if I could scroll down the list until I got to the carrier with the best signal near my house.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast