1.    #1  
    Can't believe that this is not on the first page of precentral already!

This is just horrible, how could Palm let something like this happen? Well, atleast it was a group of whitehat hackers that noticed the flaw!

Sources:

crap... i can't post links yet... just google it or check slashdot.. google "Palm Pwned: Researchers Hack WebOS With Text Messages" and follow the first link or go via slashdot...
    It is on the front page, just look back a few articles. And these problems have been fixed a while ago, these are reports from old version of webOS, the latest is free of everything they found, in fact 1.5.1 basically fixed them all.
    maybe a google seach would show they already fixed it...
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalienechicken View Post
    Can't believe that this is not on the first page of precentral already!

This is just horrible, how could Palm let something like this happen? Well, atleast it was a group of whitehat hackers that noticed the flaw!

Sources:

crap... i can't post links yet... just google it or check slashdot.. google "Palm Pwned: Researchers Hack WebOS With Text Messages" and follow the first link or go via slashdot...
    Was on the front page last week IIRC. Oh, and the issue was fixed with 1.4 release.

Edit: Here is the PreCentral story: http://www.precentral.net/experts-la...vulnerabilites from Friday.
    umm...dude....OLD NEWS

Quit trying to add "The sky is falling" scenerio to something that isn't a big issue.
    werent all of these security holes fixed with the webOS update 1.4? There were additional fixes in 1.4.1/1.4.1.1 as well..
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    umm...dude....OLD NEWS

Quit trying to add "The sky is falling" scenerio to something that isn't a big issue.
    yep, very old news chicken...
    Why are people all posting about this today?
    I do love that we all got on this in less than 5 min! Great work team. NO FLAM WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Bored at work? Watching the clock tick down to quitting time?
  11.    #11  
    aw ****... i'm sorry about this... I must have missed it on the frontpage and Slashdot seems to be a bit behind please delete this post... or close it, whatever
    These security holes have been closed with later versions of webOS.

Palm encourages all users who identify security risks to promptly report them to palm at www.palm.com/security to be handled right away. We take security very seriously so we don't want to put yourself or anyone else at risk.

--HardBeatZ
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    There's already a thread on this today, and the issues was thoroughly beaten down. Some people like to jump on trendy stories, valid or not, and I think that kicking Palm certainly qualifies as "trendy."

However, security holes and exploits happen to every operating system. Period. Usually they're fixed, as they were in this case by Palm. End of story.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    It's on the "Troll to-do list" and they just sent the message out to all their active members.
    All these negative post coming from members that joined last summer with on 2-5 post. Hmmmm.