View Poll Results: What is the max you've ever seen JsTop report for used RAM?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • 15-20MB

1 3.70%
  • 20-25MB

7 25.93%
  • 25-30MB

13 48.15%
  • 30-35MB

3 11.11%
  • >35MB

1 3.70%
  • I don't use JsTop.

2 7.41%
  1.    #1  
    I use JsTop regularly. I've noticed that when I pull it up, it almost always shows memory usage between 20 & 25 MB. In the extreme, I've seen it up as high as 30MB and as low as 14MB.

Yet, I will frequently get Too Many Card (TMC) errors even though the JsTop graph shows most of my RAM unused.

I was just wondering what your experience was like using JsTop. How useful of a tool is it for maintaining free RAM in order to avoid TMC errors?
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I use JsTop regularly. I've noticed that when I pull it up, it almost always shows memory usage between 20 & 25 MB. In the extreme, I've seen it up as high as 30MB and as low as 14MB.

Yet, I will frequently get Too Many Card (TMC) errors even though the JsTop graph shows most of my RAM unused.

I was just wondering what your experience was like using JsTop. How useful of a tool is it for maintaining free RAM in order to avoid TMC errors?
    when i bring up jstop i get approx 20 mb as an average reading -- i am a heavy user i run 5 6 or 8 cards all day -- 3d games -- i have never seen a too many cards error -- i have a pre plus -- did it come with more ram as well as more hd space?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    -- did it come with more ram as well as more hd space?

uhhh... yes, 16gb HD Space, 512MB Ram

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  4.    #4  
    Yes. Pre has 256MB ram. Pre+ has 512MB. Pre+ users reportedly get TMC errors much less than we lowly Pre users get them.
    sorry -- wasn't trying to be a jack **** was just reporting the facts all connie chung style

you can't say a r s e ? W T F
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I'm in the 25-30 section,JStop helps a little.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
  7.    #7  
    So far, of the 16 people who have responded, no-one's seen JsTop show more than 35MB used. So my real question is this: is JsTop reporting the wrong information? Because there's 256MB on the device, and JavaScript is only taking 35MB at the most, yet there are still TMC errors.

What am I missing on where the memory is being used? I'm sure that the underlying linux uses some of it, but 221MB?
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    So far, of the 16 people who have responded, no-one's seen JsTop show more than 35MB used. So my real question is this: is JsTop reporting the wrong information? Because there's 256MB on the device, and JavaScript is only taking 35MB at the most, yet there are still TMC errors.

What am I missing on where the memory is being used? I'm sure that the underlying linux uses some of it, but 221MB?
    Is JSTop capable of displaying memory used by lower level services?