Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    So if this the official decline of the Pre & Pixi starting with Radioshack? I have recently heard rumors from a friend that Best Buy maybe doing the same shortly
    Yes, and I think it's entirely possible that not all outlets will carry all three Palm tiers. A Radio Shack and/or Best Buy might only carry the highest end device, while the carriers themselves might carry all three tiers.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Today on Fox News:

Palm (PALM: 4.92, -0.67, -11.99%) surged 17% on a report by Bloomberg that it has hired Goldman Sachs (GS: 163.22, 2.225, 1.38%) and long-time technology advisor Frank Quattrone to help sell the company. Taiwan's HTC Corp. and China's Lenovo Group are seen as leaders in the auction for Palm
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Exactly, and maybe more than that. I think Palm has stated that they intend to have three tiers: low, middle, and high. That would put the Pixi+ in at the low end (free with contract), Pre+ in the middle ($49 with contract) and the Pre 2/Pro/Prime/whatever at the high end ($149 with contract, or maybe $199).
    That makes sense. The high-end version might actually be a slab if they do this. This way consumers have a choice to go with a slab or keyboard webOS device. It seems consumers find slabs more appealing so this could help palm reach and appeal to additional market segments.
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Guys you are reading much bad news. There is another way of looking things. We know that Pre is not selling well. We know that PALM slowed down making them. We know that there are plenty of Pres inventory in Sprint/Verizon stores. We know that palm is focusing its R&D on product development. Wait for a new phone either a beefy Pixi or a HD2 spec one.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Guys you are reading much bad news. There is another way of looking things. We know that Pre is not selling well. We know that PALM slowed down making them. We know that there are plenty of Pres inventory in Sprint/Verizon stores. We know that palm is focusing its R&D on product development. Wait for a new phone either a beefy Pixi or a HD2 spec one.
    So Radio Shock stopped selling Palm phones as a favor to Sprint and Verizon stores, more or less?
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Next month, man. That's my prediction, and I'm sticking with it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    So Radio Shock stopped selling Palm phones as a favor to Sprint and Verizon stores, more or less?
    Its not about favor, they were selling slow. So they probably cleaned up the inventory and don't order any more from Palm.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Next month, man. That's my prediction, and I'm sticking with it.
    I would say June after the iPhone release probably.
    june is the evo launch so I doubt that
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    june is the evo launch so I doubt that
    Exactly. Has to be May so that launch day Sprint Pre owners will know their options when the Evo is released. It's not that the numbers are so great, it's simply: can you imagine the bad press should those folks jump en masse to the Evo?

Granted, I'm not at all sure that's going to happen. But since I've publicly made this prediction, I have to defend it vociferously until the end.
    Thanks, now I won't get any sleep tonight.

Hadn't most of us come to this conclusion with last month's "everyone gets a free Pre or Pixi" Radio Shack sales?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12