Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1.    #1  
    This just in, I evidently don't look deep enough on the front page of this site and didn't see this article already.


    For a historical view of former sms vulnerabilities take a look at this link.

    Palm Pwned: Researchers Hack WebOS With Text Messages | threatpost
    Last edited by victorkruger; 04/19/2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: I = artard
  2. #2  
    Old news....check the main page, you were scooped...
  3. #3  
    The SMS exploit was fixed way before these stories came out. WebOS=Win
  4. #4  
    haha way to research there chief.
  5. #5  
    WebOs pWns victorkruger
  6. #6  
    And of course, as we know, every other operating system on the market is perfectly secure with no known (or possible unknown) security holes.

    Why, here's an article on how perfectly secure Apple's vaunted OS X is: Apple Software Security Inferior to Microsoft’s, Says Iconic Hacker - Marc Maiffret - Softpedia

    P.S. Yes, I'm defending Palm here. But, I'm also defending common sense, and getting kind of fed up with so-called journalists who like to jump on trendy stories and beat them into the dirt. For example, I'm also very sick and tired of hearing how the iPad is going to change the world.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  7. #7  
    Thread of the day!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by calvintlamb View Post
    Thread of the day!
    Better make that "Fail of the day"
  9. #9  
    Good effort
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    Good effort
    Don't congratulate people for effort that's why other countries are beating us.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Better make that "Fail of the day"
    Seriously.

    BTW totally ROFL'd at your avatar.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by calvintlamb View Post
    Seriously.

    BTW totally ROFL'd at your avatar.
    Hee hee... hadn't noticed it till you mentioned it...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  13.    #13  
    *** double post.... pwnd by precentral now.....
  14.    #14  
    Well I looked at the front page and it wasn't there and the article and video did not specify that it was old and most were remedied. Now that i refreshed the article, there were some commenters, on the linked site,that stated that this was old.

    [sarcasm]
    I appreciate everyone's constructive criticism.
    [/sarcasm]
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by victorkruger View Post
    Well I looked at the front page and it wasn't there and the article and video did not specify that it was old and most were remedied. Now that i refreshed the article, there were some commenters, on the linked site,that stated that this was old.

    [sarcasm]
    I appreciate everyone's constructive criticism.
    [/sarcasm]
    Sorry guy, I gotta jump in on this one just a little.

    First of all, the implication of your "sarcasm" note is correct (in my neverever to be called "humble" opinion). This should be a place where things like this can be discussed - rationally.

    However, to be fair to those that gave you the [sarcasm]constructive criticism[/sarcasm], you sort of set yourself up for it.

    Discovering a security hole shouldn't be an opportunity for "gloating", and yes, when you post a thread about WebOS getting "pwnd" (a take-off of the word "owned") that's gloating, not informing.

    When you choose to gloat instead of (or even in addition to) informing, you probably should be aware of all the facts, or the "pwning" gets turned around pretty quick.

    I think it's also fair to point out, Palm released information about the security issue after they fixed it, so it really wasn't news that needed to be found the way you did. You do read the information about the updates, right?

    To be fair, they didn't go into much detail about the security fix, but that's also pretty standard. Companies don't talk much about what they fixed until long after the security fix has been done. This prevents people from learning about the security issue, and exploiting it before users have a chance to update.
  16. tayl428's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sorry guy, I gotta jump in on this one just a little.

    First of all, the implication of your "sarcasm" note is correct (in my neverever to be called "humble" opinion). This should be a place where things like this can be discussed - rationally.

    However, to be fair to those that gave you the [sarcasm]constructive criticism[/sarcasm], you sort of set yourself up for it.

    Discovering a security hole shouldn't be an opportunity for "gloating", and yes, when you post a thread about WebOS getting "pwnd" (a take-off of the word "owned") that's gloating, not informing.

    When you choose to gloat instead of (or even in addition to) informing, you probably should be aware of all the facts, or the "pwning" gets turned around pretty quick.
    So, you're saying in old school terms...

    10 gloat=0 : sarcasm=0
    20 input "Are you gloating?", gloat$
    30 if gloat$ = Y then gosub 100
    40 input "Are you being sarcastic?", sarcasm$
    50 if sarcasm$ = Y, them gosub 200
    60 print "You don't gloat, and no sarcasm? What are you doing on the Internet?"
    70 end
    100 print "You gloat too much!"
    110 return
    200 print "Sarcasm shield on!"
    220 end
    230 return

    Sorry, I'm bored today...
    Sanyo 8100 => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Pre (all on Sprint)
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by tayl428 View Post
    So, you're saying in old school terms...

    10 gloat=0 : sarcasm=0
    20 input "Are you gloating?", gloat$
    30 if gloat$ = Y then gosub 100
    40 input "Are you being sarcastic?", sarcasm$
    50 if sarcasm$ = Y, them gosub 200
    60 print "You don't gloat, and no sarcasm? What are you doing on the Internet?"
    70 end
    100 print "You gloat too much!"
    110 return
    200 print "Sarcasm shield on!"
    220 end
    230 return

    Sorry, I'm bored today...
    ROFL... flashback to my Basic skills in school on the Radioshack Tandy with the tape cassette drive!
  18. tayl428's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    ROFL... flashback to my Basic skills in school on the Radioshack Tandy with the tape cassette drive!
    It was the Commodore Vic-20 with tape cassette drive for me, all 4k of memory! Wow, what could you EVER do to fill up 4k?!
    Sanyo 8100 => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Pre (all on Sprint)
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by tayl428 View Post
    It was the Commodore Vic-20 with tape cassette drive for me, all 4k of memory! Wow, what could you EVER do to fill up 4k?!
    Yep that and those awesome high quality sprite graphics -- it was da bomb!!! Still have my Vic-20 and Commodore-64 (of course I no longer own a tv they will hook up to, but...).
  20. #20  
    Timex Sinclair 1000 here... Tape drive only worked 10% of the time. But I was in heaven when I got the 16K upgrade, except that it plugged in at an angle and constantly shorted out.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions