1.    #1  
    Sorry if this has a thread, I can't get the search to work. Has anyone tried this patch? It's laughable at how fast it seems to be. Like the cards are going to shoot out of the phone when they are closed. Plus I am running the 800MHz patch. Life is good!
    Actually (and I couldn't find another thread off-hand either, but I admit I didn't look too hard), I actually find the combination to be _too_ fast. It's almost like it's running in fast-forward and a bit frenetic--loses some of the smoothness of the stock animation. I wonder if perhaps it could be set somewhere in the middle between stock and where it's at now.

Also, although it could very well just be an illusion, it seems like the entire system is running faster, not just the animations. I'd love to hear more about how the patch works, and it really does raise the question as to whether or not Palm could do more _today_ to speed up the interface a bit...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Tried it this morning. I personally don't like it and removed it.

I am running 800MHz and CPU Scaler Ultimate at 500-800. The launcher obviously came up faster since the animation was cut out, but card management seemed choppy to me. I prefer the smooth zoom in and out for the cards.

Launching an app actually seemed slower for me though. Prior to the patch (and after removing it) I could launch email or browser apps and the "glow" not even complete a full cycle before my app was full screen and ready to use. With the patch applied the card would flash the "glow" four or five times very fast before the app went full screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    Sorry if this has a thread, I can't get the search to work. Has anyone tried this patch? It's laughable at how fast it seems to be. Like the cards are going to shoot out of the phone when they are closed. Plus I am running the 800MHz patch. Life is good!
    Yes go here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...nimations.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Yes, I know there's already a thread, but I'm here to say

I LOVE IT.

The 800mhz and the fast cards is the way the phone should have been at launch. I can't go back. Too fast? There's no such thing!!!!!!!!
    I agree that it should be a little slower. This does remind me of fast forward. I think if the flow wasn't in the card it would be awesome. This would take away the fast forward feel.
    I'm unsure which version this is in Preware, but the original thread had different varieties, one that was super fast all around, one that was fast on everything but only slightly faster on the blink, and one that had no blink what-so-ever.

I find that the blink is the only thing which makes it feel fast-forward to a point where it's uncomfortable, but the fast cards are amazing no matter how fast they go. After a little while you'll wonder how you waited that 30 milliseconds before the card appeared.
    I'm running the same configuration, and it is almost jarring how fast everything is, and it sacrifices a little smoothness, but I just can't imagine going back. It's sooo fast! There is no such thing as too fast.
    I really like this patch. But I wish I had two Pre (one w/the patch and one w/out) so that I could visually compare the launch times. I can't tell if the sped up animation is creating an illusion that apps launch faster or if they really do launch faster. It sure feels like the latter.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    This does remind me of fast forward.
    I suspect that, after time, I'll get used to the animation being this fast and that going back will then feel like everything's running in slow motion.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Holy Good Gravy! That's fast. I was thinking this might, or might not, give an illusion of speed... but I wasn't expecting to see this thing fly like that. Very cool!

I would echo what winand32 mentioned above and suggest slowing it just a tad (a happy middle perhaps?). Seems almost too fast sometimes, but very nice patch though!

Edit: After playing with it, the slower apps seem to open faster because the patch cuts down the delay from animated card to open app. Apps like SPB TV load do faster for me because this delay was cut out...kinda nice. (Dont expect a change in Google Maps though).
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/19/2010 at 06:17 PM.
    Illusion or not, I like it! Cards definitely seem to load faster and the launcher is lightning quick now.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I love this patch - probably my favorite. Even my wife was blown away at the difference it made when she used my phone recently vs. when I first purchased it. I'm running this plus the 720 mzh kernel. Amazingly fast phone!
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Glad I saw this, hadn't checked Preware for a few days and probably wasn't going to anytime soon since no new patches had been surfacing lately. Installed this, pretty cool. It does seem crazy fast sometimes.....
    I played with all three versions of this patch. It does make the cards animate really fast but does not really speed up the app loading. However, in some cases where the app loads almost instantly, this patch does take some time off since the animations are sped up. IMO, I like the smooth animation sans patch. With the 800MHz kernel, the Pre is plenty fast enough.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    already said it..but I'll say it again..the missing half of the overclocking!!
    I don't want t any slower. Coo animations are part of the iphone appeal, and this is eyecandy that makes my iphone friends think my Pre iis cool. Speed is good. Annimation is good. I like this patch.

I'd like to know how this works...
    Anyone tweak the start menu in XP to launch faster and the computer felt so much faster, cause it was

I love how adding text on cards is controlled by this timer as well... slowing down web pages and scrolling. Such a huge improvement love the patch. Once I get used to I may try the even faster one.

They program that renders pages is hitting into the animation loop timers. Shouldn't they be outside those loops?
    Just go view the list of everything in preware before you install this then try it again you will not go back