1.    #1  
    Well after 10 months of a hardware issue free Pre, I all of a sudden have one.

Just seems like all of a sudden the little switch on the top/right of the Pre, that shuts the screen off, or, when held longer can turn the phone off, seems to have lost its spring, or something?

I can still use it, but its much less responsive and harder to push down to get to react.

Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a fix for it?
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

2.    #3  
    Boy you guys must have teeny fingers...

I tried this, and was able to get the button off, HELL to get it back on, but could not for the life of me, get a piece of paper small enough and be able to manipulate it to wedge in, and get the button back on..

I dont want a new phone, so guess I'll have to live with a hard press power button...

Oh well
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

A friend of mine cut up a piece of eraser and inserted it in. I was reading in another thread that someone fixed it by prying up the piece of brass metal, but cautioned on being very careful when prying it up, not exerting too much force.
    I took mine into a Sprint store with this issue. The rep fed me some bull about loose prongs and just put a small piece of rubber under the button.
    Supposed to put a bit of rubber band in the hole, not paper? Try an eyeglass screwdriver to pop off top.
    Last edited by japclev; 04/19/2010 at 12:30 PM.
    Oh c'mon guys, it's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings these days.---Fletch
    If it's not damaged (like being dropped) it's probably full of dust/dirt. Mine was from carrying it my pocket. Just blow it out with and air gun or a can of pressurized air (computer). I actually put a tiny bit of silicone spray lube on it afterwards. Works like new.
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHui623 View Post
    I took mine into a Sprint store with this issue. The rep fed me some bull about loose prongs and just put a small piece of rubber under the button.
    Hmmm they did this at the Sprint store, for you?

I Pre