1.    #1  
    I have a Sprint Pre going on 8 Months, running 1.4.1.1, about 35 patches and even a theme.
    I just noticed I haven't gotten the " To Many Cards Open" or "Memory Critical" messages in several weeks now. And my battery life is steadily improving, even with the stock battery.
    I don't know what I did right, but I'm very happy!
    Is anyone else experiencing this?

PS I'm running EVDO hybrid Rev 0 (It seems to work better for me).
    Last edited by vza33; 04/19/2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: add'l info
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    800mhz patch?
    I hear ya, I'm still extremely happy with my June 6th 2009 Sprint Pre...Maybe I baby it? I dunno...I have Seidio 2600Mah extended battery...patches and the 800MHz patch...

Adam
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    800mhz patch?
    No 800mhz patch. I've thought about it, but my phone runs pretty fast so I'm leaving that alone for now.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I bet you don't have or play any of the 3D games. I bought N.O.V.A. Last week and have restarted my Pre about 50 times. Sometimes heavy browsing causes the too many cards.
    Maybe the two things you did right was 1) go with Sprint, who's quick on update releases (in contrast to big red) and 2) update to 1.4.1.1

I not only haven't got those errors in a long while, my Pre can now stay on without any reset for up to a week
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kld2009 View Post
    I bet you don't have or play any of the 3D games. I bought N.O.V.A. Last week and have restarted my Pre about 50 times. Sometimes heavy browsing causes the too many cards.
    I do have a few 3D games but I haven't been playing them that much lately. I do however do heavy browsing, even with several cards open.

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by intellidryad View Post
    Maybe the two things you did right was 1) go with Sprint, who's quick on update releases (in contrast to big red) and 2) update to 1.4.1.1

I not only haven't got those errors in a long while, my Pre can now stay on without any reset for up to a week
    My new habit is to do a full reset once a day. I run a garbage collection and then restart and put my phone on the TS while I get ready for work every morning,(This way the reset time doesn't concern me).

Maybe this is what's making the difference.

My Sprint Pre is 10 months old now and I have never gotten the TMC error on my phone. I am running Preware with 35 patches and do not have the resetting issues and my apps open within a second or two.
    I have never had those errors either, but I dont do games in general on my phone. I use it for a phone, music, video, camera, internet, email, and general productivity device. Not games..
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    800mhz patch?

That would be my guess, 800mhz patch along with CPUScaler Patch..It's lighting fast, and the battery is fantastic.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I run a garbage collection
    What app do you use for this?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    My Sprint Pre is 10 months old now and I have never gotten the TMC error on my phone. I am running Preware with 35 patches and do not have the resetting issues and my apps open within a second or two.
    You are fortunate. I started getting the TMC error after 1.3.5.1 and then it got worse after 1.4, now it seems to be gone.

14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    What app do you use for this?
    I use Jason's Advanced Options in Launcher patch. It allows you to:
    1- Turn on DevMode
    2- Rescan Applications
    3- Rescan File indexer
    4- Run Garbage Collectors

Quote Originally Posted by adambomb13 View Post
    I hear ya, I'm still extremely happy with my June 6th 2009 Sprint Pre...Maybe I baby it? I dunno...I have Seidio 2600Mah extended battery...patches and the 800MHz patch...

Adam
    I have had this battery for quite soe time now and I love it! It keeps my pre going for days even though i work it pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    No 800mhz patch. I've thought about it, but my phone runs pretty fast so I'm leaving that alone for now.
    I agree with this also. Why risk damaging the phone when It works perfect at 500mhz.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre