1.    #1  
    Hey, I am new with Palm Pre Plus and love it so much, used to own an Android Droid HTC Eris. Anyways, I understand that when cards are set in background, it runs live. However the internet doesnt? Why?
    if you leave the card with the browser open it stays live if you close it, it stops just like a computer.
  3.    #3  
    Thats my point, I leave the internet open and it doesnt seem to run live. Maybe theres any setting to allow it or what? I am still noob at this.
    Im not sure I get the question. what are you expecting to happen "live" in the browser once the page is loaded? auto refresh?
  5.    #5  
    For example, ESPN doesnt seem to be running live when its opened into a card. U know? I suck at explaining this lol.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Glad to hear the android<Webos talk.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Glad to hear the android<Webos talk.
  8.    #8  
    Heh, well any advices to able to see internet runs live in background when I need to use other cards, same goes for Google Maps...
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Maybe you are backing out of the card before it loads all the way. If you do that the card will sometimes go white, but it is still running. It will open full when you go back to it. Sometimesu will need to refreash. Let the web load fully then back out. It should stay open and running!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    Maybe you are backing out of the card before it loads all the way. If you do that the card will sometimes go white, but it is still running. It will open full when you go back to it. Sometimesu will need to refreash. Let the web load fully then back out. It should stay open and running!
    But then that's not multitasking.. lol. You should be able to open a page and before it loads switch to another app and it continue to load in the background.
    I know what he's talking about lol. He probably wants to be able to go ESPN and watch a video even after he minimizes the card, like a comp works and he wants google maps to work while it's minimized. Pages do load while minimized though. But videos won't play while minimized (there aren't alot of videos you can watch on the pre if it's not youtube or 'html 5' anyways). Google maps will also not work in the 'background'. You have to atleast let it load first ..
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    But then that's not multitasking.. lol. You should be able to open a page and before it loads switch to another app and it continue to load in the background.
    And it does load in the background, but sometimes, it has it's faults. I open preware and open the web browser and facebook beta all at the same time (this app guzzles your battery life) and they all load fine
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    It matters what site you go to. Some load fine others go white. I have also opened several web sites at the same time. Most load in the card with no problem. I think it's some of the sites not the WebOS!