View Poll Results: How many of you have any sort of hardware problems?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Any sort of hardware problem

36 41.38%
  • no problems at all

51 58.62%
  1.    #1  
    Just curious how many people have any sort of hardware problem, weather it be cracks, screen issues, keyboard, usb cover missing. I've been looking at this forums and it seems scary to take an estimate probably 70% are defective.
    7 month old pre and not one problem.. this phone is rock solid.. dont let this forum fool ya, for every negative thread there are hundreds of happy pre owners
    I've only had my Pre since October.. my USB cover is gone, my power button doesn't work, & my power/usb cord is falling apart.. absolutely LOVE WebOS, but this hardware is terrible.
    10 months now and no problems yet for the 3 Pres in our family.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    7 month old pre and not one problem.. this phone is rock solid.. dont let this forum fool ya, for every negative thread there are hundreds of happy pre owners
    This.

And I had the "no response" screen issue on my original July 9th Pre. The current Sept 3rd Pre has been perfect.
    My first one I purchase the first week the Pre came out. It had "oreo" and headphone jack issues. 3 mos ago it was swapped. The one I have now is and has been perfect. This phone goes everywhere with me. All the EMS calls and inside every house fire we get called to put out. It sits in my front pants pocket inside a leather sleeve. Getting bumped, banged, heated, soaked and it even gets used to make and call or play a game lol. It seems to be holding up like my older Palm did.
    Palm - please make a phone out of black diamond plate.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    When i squeeze down on my phone it squeaks. :O
    Welcome to our world, we are the wasted youth, and we are the future too.
    http://diegoeatspandas.tumblr.com/ <--Tumblr<3 Follow.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    today i dropped my pre onto a conrete linoleum floor for i would guess the 10th or 11th time, i gained a stress fracture in the plastic in the upper left corner of the case. unfortunately on todays drop (about 5 feet height) the fracture cracked through and now the peice of plastic is close to breaking off.

everytime i have dropped it i was absoultely terrified the screen was going to shatter.

I dont have a single scratch on the screen. surprisingly, i find, the pre is solidly built.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diegoeatspandas View Post
    When i squeeze down on my phone it squeaks. :O
    OMG?! Quickly, take it back!
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    The build quality seems good up until you get to the flimsy slider. Considering the pre+ if they've fixed the slider issue.
    50/50 so far wow seems to me there are some major problems with this phone
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    launch Pre was built poor. Oreo and keyboard broke. Have a newer model Pre. Rock solid. Even dropped it getting out of my truck. Still rock solid!
    im on my second pre. my first one(launch) had wierd issues with the palm profile signing out randomly. got a replacement and immediatly had slider issues. ive had to stick a tiny piece of cardboard in the battery to fix the slider issue. ever since then:

usb door broke off
    crack near usb port, can see phone internals
    power button doesnt work properly
    headphone jack requires constant moving of jack to get it to work

the other day my recieve got stuck in headset mode because the pins inside the jack were bent. so basically i was unable to use my phone because my phone thought it was in headset mode when it wasnt. i had to use a bobby pin to straighten the jack out.

this is rediculous i still have my old htc touch pro and ive probably dropped it 25+ times and it STILL looks rock solid and doesnt have any issues with it.

Palm is DONE as far as making smartphones go. so many people are going to jump ship once that evo 4g comes out its not even funny. i know i am.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    This!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Broken power button, bubble in lcd, usb door broke off (dont care)
    I was completely rough with my last (completely naked) Pre and I had no issues. Got in Sept, manufactured in August. No USB crack, no power button failures, no Oreo, no screen bleeds, blown out speakers, messed up headphone jack, etc. By last month, it had some scuff and scratches, but it pretty much worked except I'd become concerned about signal issues and since Sprint couldn't diagnose it, I had it replaced. My new one was manufactured October and it too is a champ, with only an IS and it too having dropped . So I guess some of you just got the short end of the stick multiple times because I don't baby crap.
    First one had a charging circuit problem and oreo, second one faulty earpiece. Third one is solid as of the past 3 weeks.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I have a stuck pixel near the battery indicator and some light bleed from the bottom of my screen. Neither are too noticeable in day-to-day use so not a huge deal for me. The rest of the device works perfectly so I figure better to live with those things then roll the dice on having it swapped out.
    September 24th Pre from Sprint. Zero hardware issues.