1.    #1  
    Voting starts Midnight!
    Videos | webOSroundup

Here is my list of favs(not including mine=>Icerc | webOSroundup):D

Wizard:
    -If they showed the phone more and shortened it just a bit it would be perfect. Magic!

Look-alike:
    -Quick and interesting, good timing. Like my dad one but perfect length... but iphone does this soon.

(r)evolution:
    -stylish and well done but doesn't show enough of webos or pre. Would be perfect with the phone in the end multitasking.

Dreams can come true:
    good but with flaws I can't look past. Like hard to understand cards in the mirror and too long in the mirror.. and when the phone is shown it's covered by a hand. Still LOVE the mirror trick.

What are your favorites?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Good list.. guess I'd better check all of them out so I can vote! Thanks for the reminder!

BTW... kinda cruel that WebOSroundup posted them in Flash
  3.    #3  
    If you look after the description you'll see: Watch video on youtube.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    I know.. I saw it... just struck me funny
    Please support my video: palmSpot Entry: “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More” by Adam Marks | webOSroundup

Here is a sampling of comments that I have received so far from my commercial:
    "Great job, that was awesome! "
    "That is the most practical and understandable submission I have seen so far. If Palm took that exact script and ran it through a professional re-production, that would be fantastic. That's the most meaningful example of "merit marketing" I've ever seen for the Palm."
    "[Have Palm] show ... this video. It demonstrates that the value isn't "multitasking" its how that is implemented and why id is of value..."
    "Here is what Palm need to do. They need to use this guy's script and re-shoot it with professional-grade editing. This is a winner..."
    "Very well-organized. Definitely convincing,"
    Thanks for the support IcerC. I really liked your "Firewood" commercial too. I agree with your favorite list. The Dreams Can Come True was funny but went a little long and the filming at the end blocked the phone.

Magic was very clever.

Good luck in the contest!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Good list.. guess I'd better check all of them out so I can vote! Thanks for the reminder!

BTW... kinda cruel that WebOSroundup posted them in Flash
    That's what the palmSpot app is for!
    www.webosroundup.com
    Find the best webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    surprised at all the good videos in the contest. Everyone should get something for their effort in the contest imo.

I have a rough idea of my favorites. Of IceC's I like Wonder the best.
    Last edited by spare; 04/19/2010 at 12:49 PM. Reason: wrong video name
  9.    #9  
    Thanks spare.
    The voting is weird.. how can you vote without watching... or watch without voting, lol.

I too think the voting process ist a bit missleading. First of all counting the views is not very transparent due to the videos having quite some views already.

And as IcerC already mentioned, when you view all the entries to compare them you practically already gave them a vote this way.

Well, itīs a first contest and of course itīs all for the fun of it and making the webOS better known to people who donīt know a thing about it. So letīs see where this will go.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by heth View Post
    I too think the voting process ist a bit missleading. First of all counting the views is not very transparent due to the videos having quite some views already.

And as IcerC already mentioned, when you view all the entries to compare them you practically already gave them a vote this way.

Well, itīs a first contest and of course itīs all for the fun of it and making the webOS better known to people who donīt know a thing about it. So letīs see where this will go.
    Yes, all in good fun. Look out heth its on!!! :looks at views: :runs:

Only the views that occur after the last video was posted count so they did all start from zero on the day of voting launch. But I do think they could have done with a voting option in the app for more transparency.
    Yeah I know that only the views count from a certain date, but not everyone will realize that and when looking at the entries, one can get quite the wrong impression on how views are in relation, when not knowing with what viewcount each video started in the beginning. Thatīs what I meant by this system being somewhat missleading and not transparent to everyone.
  14.    #14  
    Yeah. My "dance" video started with around 1900 as it's zero mark. It's moved about 185 to 2085. That's 10% of the people who had their votes count.