Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Hi,

I believe I have pinpointed a keyboard problem but I wanted others to specifically try the test and confirm to me. My theory is whenever you type two letters directly besides each other it skips the second letter. I found this out by process of elimination after I found myself missing key strokes. Try it out yourself. For example, type a then s really quick, chances are the s will be missed. Then type a then l really quick, no problems. You can try this with any other key combination where the keys are directly besides one another. I believe this to definitely by a software issue, as I think this started after the last update. Please confirm if this is happening for you.

Thanks
    doesn't do this for me at all, on either of the Pre's sitting on my desk right now.
    Nothing wrong here.
    Bell Pre.
    I have a sprint pre and mind typed just fine. I typed "A" then "S" really quick and both showed up everytime I did it.
    It could be logic to avoid accidental key presses. I get the same behavior you do, but it never happens to me in normal typing, only if I press the keys at essentially the same time. I believe this has actually been there since the beginning, as I have occasionally fat-fingered more than one key and only gotten one letter.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    no problem on my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    Please confirm if this is happening for you.
    Nope. Tried it multiple times on all 3 rows of keys. Keyboard works fine here.
    Mine did skip the S when i rolled from the a to the s. When I hit them sequentially, it always registers, even when I do that way faster than I type otherwise.

I think your keyboard is no bueno.
    I got the same results as the OP. I just tried to keep pressing fgfgfgfgfgfgf, and it keeps giving me fffffff. When try doing fkfkfkfkfk it gives me fkfkfkfkfkf.

I don't think it's a busted keyboard as I've never had a problem with double typing or anything..

And I am on a Sprint Pre.
    my keys work fine,,no problem here. I think you found a major keyboard problem with yr pre.
    Sprint Pre....
    mine behaves same as OP and occurs with any combination of adjacent keys (for example for g, behavior occurs for t,f,v, and h). It appears that this is on purpose to prevent mistyping on the rather small keyboard.
    asasasasas Cannot duplicate on my Sprint Pre.
    +1 Sprint Pre
    It appears to be intentional to avoid pressing two keys at once accidentally. Doesn't explain my spacebar issue tho.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    In on a sprint pre.
    I do have the same issue, but only when i use both hands to type s after the a. I don't know why you would need to use your right hand for the s when your left hand is already at the a.
    Having said that, I do have a problem after using a comma or period. As soon as I put them in and use the space bar, it doesn't take the space bar and just writes after the period without space, kinda bothers me.
    Yes I can confirm this. Use two thumbs and do it rather quickly. Don't use one finger to type both letters. I noticed this some time ago with the words that have "gh" in them. Not sure if it's system wide but my keyboard is exhibiting the same behavior and has been doing so. I can't attribute it to any particular sw update though....

Sprint Pre.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Yes I can confirm this. Use two thumbs and do it rather quickly. Don't use one finger to type both letters. I noticed this some time ago with the words that have "gh" in them. Not sure if it's system wide but my keyboard is exhibiting the same behavior and has been doing so. I can't attribute it to any particular sw update though....

Sprint Pre.
    The g and h is how I initially found this, when trying to type such words as 'tonight'. I couldn't figure it out for the longest time! Looks like a mixed bag on this one. Hopefully the next update fixes this.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I notice it a little. no so much as i notice most of the time I can't fit my fingers that close together.
    yup, I have this happening to me as well. I type asasasas but get aaaaaa and such for all adjacent. It's nothing to worry about for me, though since I never come across that during typing.

Sprint Pre
    ff gg fgfg ffgg sddsdssdddssssdd tt tt tyty yyqq aa slliibb xx ddfdff jhjjh kk klk awaw zxzx cvc bnnbbbnn fg kj kj kk jj
    asasasasas as as aa s aa ss ss aa asa sasa asas aa ss aass
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast