Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 67 of 67
  1. #61  
    i dont get it whats the actual problem with ty and gh on the pre ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  2. #62  
    Sprint Pre and I have the same problem as OP
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This is by design to avoid "fat fingering" keys.
    HardBeatZ, thank you for pointing out this is intended design. Can you comment on whether it is also intended for typing a comma followed by a space? It's pretty hard to "fat finger" that combination without hitting quite a few other keys in between. I've been having this issue on my Sprint Pre since about 1.4.1.1 (I think). Is Palm aware of that problem and are they working on a fix?
  4. csal80's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
       #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by dguitaramann View Post
    HardBeatZ, thank you for pointing out this is intended design. Can you comment on whether it is also intended for typing a comma followed by a space? It's pretty hard to "fat finger" that combination without hitting quite a few other keys in between. I've been having this issue on my Sprint Pre since about 1.4.1.1 (I think). Is Palm aware of that problem and are they working on a fix?
    the comma after the space is a problem with your phone. This only happens with adjacent keys. For example, space and then c!! Awful!!! Can't wait until they fix this, it is one of the most ridiculous designs ever and results in so many missed keystrokes for me!
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    the comma after the space is a problem with your phone. This only happens with adjacent keys. For example, space and then c!! Awful!!! Can't wait until they fix this, it is one of the most ridiculous designs ever and results in so many missed keystrokes for me!
    actually, it's a prob for a bunch of people, including myself.. I think it was around 1.3.x where this showed up, but the comma-space bug has been such a pain for me!
  6. #66  
    I'll also post this in forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/240792-texting-comma-space.htm. Sorry about the text links, my post count apparently isn't high enough to post the real thing.

    Here's what I found on the Palm support forums: forums.palm.com/t5/webOS-Hardware/difficulty-typing-spacebar-doesn-t-register-after-comma-key/td-p/230692. The last post is about 10 months ago. I've asked for an update on the issue. Perhaps if enough of us with the comma-space problem post, we can get a satisfying resolution.

    Another option: would it be possible to write a patch that fixes the issue or eliminates "fat finger" prevention altogether?
  7. csal80's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
       #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by dguitaramann View Post
    I'll also post this in forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/240792-texting-comma-space.htm. Sorry about the text links, my post count apparently isn't high enough to post the real thing.

    Here's what I found on the Palm support forums: forums.palm.com/t5/webOS-Hardware/difficulty-typing-spacebar-doesn-t-register-after-comma-key/td-p/230692. The last post is about 10 months ago. I've asked for an update on the issue. Perhaps if enough of us with the comma-space problem post, we can get a satisfying resolution.

    Another option: would it be possible to write a patch that fixes the issue or eliminates "fat finger" prevention altogether?
    yeh, I was thinking the patch option would be much more effective and have been hoping they will make one. Just a note, this is not only with the comma space, but with any adjacent key.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions