- Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    you're telling me if you press the spacebar and then an adjacent key such as c quickly that it doesn't skip the c? Mine does it every time, as well as with other adjacent keys, and according to others it is affecting them too. For palm to impliment this on purpose is ridiculous. It seems like every time I type I am missing a letter because of this. Seriously palm, catering to people with fat fingers before people with normal fingers who can type relatively quickly is not the way to go. This seriously needs to be fixed or a patch has to come out.
    confirmed: palm pre plus vzw 1.4
    I have a Sprint Pre on 1.4.1.1

While I have never noticed the issue with adjacent keys before, I have this with comma+space (where if i press the comma then the space bar, i rarely get the actual space). I did try the A and S test too and noticed that while this normally does not happen, if i go to press the S before I take my thumb off the A then the S doesnt type.

so, this has only been an issue for with me with comma-space, but i do see this with some other keys if i really try to get the error
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    It could be logic to avoid accidental key presses. I get the same behavior you do, but it never happens to me in normal typing, only if I press the keys at essentially the same time. I believe this has actually been there since the beginning, as I have occasionally fat-fingered more than one key and only gotten one letter.
    same...i think its on puropse. most typists wouldnt pres a and s to make as, they would do a letter.

for it to skip i have to do it within a milisecond of releasing the a key if that makes sense.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I don't press them at the same time to make a then s. I just use both thumbs to do it, so I can do it rather quickly. I believe my typing speed would be fairly similar to anyone who has used a smartphone keypad for a little bit of time.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    for everyone's info, I just came from the sprint store where I tried my theory on both the pre and pixi. Same result, skipping adjacent keys when quickly presed. My conclusion, palm needs to undoubtably fix this or a patch needs to come out!
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    You can try lifting your thumbs faster since this only happens when the adjacent button is still being pressed...
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    not really the case exactly. The space bar + c is far worse of a delay. I am fully off it and still can't register the c.
    doesnt happen to me
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    not really the case exactly. The space bar + c is far worse of a delay. I am fully off it and still can't register the c.
    This is the one that kills me. No matter how "used" to it I am, it's a serious hiccup in my typing.

"Do you think you ould move your ar?"
    2 minutes later..
    "That would be very ool."

EVERY time I start a word with c, I either have to consciously pause before pressing the key (which I almost never do) or retype the word. Thank GOD they incorporated shift+backspace on the phone. It's an absolute lifesaver for deleting text.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    thank you, finally someone that realizes what I am saying! It's awful right!? I nearly have one c skip every single text I send. And thanks, I didn't know about the shift backspace!
    I also get this. I noticed this awhile back. asasasasasassasasasasa = aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa on the sprint pre
    Happens every time. Palm Pre Plus 1.4.1.1 configuration Verizon 1.3.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Palm Pre
    I tried to request a patch that would fix this mostly for the letters gh and ty. Nobody responded yet.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Confirmed on a Sprinty Pre.

However, I fixed ity by addingh ghh and tyy tyo my autyocorrecty. No more problems!
    confirmed: yea this happened when I tested it
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Confirmed on a Sprinty Pre.

However, I fixed ity by addingh ghh and tyy tyo my autyocorrecty. No more problems!
    I am curious to know how you programmed the auto correct. Can you tell me how you did that? The more and more I think about it it infuriates me how awful of a feature this is! I miss so many keystrokes because of this! I have never had this problem on any other device! Crappy design!
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    I am curious to know how you programmed the auto correct. Can you tell me how you did that? The more and more I think about it it infuriates me how awful of a feature this is! I miss so many keystrokes because of this! I have never had this problem on any other device! Crappy design!
    Wait—you serious? So much for my little joke.

I was just implying that I'd edited the autocorrect dictionaries to automatically replace g with gh, and t with ty to "fix" the most common dropped letter combinations. Hopefully, you now see the negligible utility in doing so.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast