Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Does happen but I can't see how you are able to make it happen if typing normally. The 2nd key need to be pressed literally a fraction of a second after to get this behaviour.
    If people want to see this happen on their Pre just slide your finger(swiftly) across a row of keys keeping pressure down.
    Clearly built into the software to prevent incorrect key presses.
    I have the same issue as the OP but I would call it a feature rather then a bug.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I type real fast so it happens all the time, very annoying and started happening after the last update.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    no problems here. as,aa,aw, or ai
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Mine does the same as the OP, if you type with one finger, rolling your finger from one char to the next it will skip the second. Although I'm inclined to believe that it is intentional as others have said to prevent typing 2 chars at once.
    Second letter does skip, but it does seem like it's intended.

It does skip when I go really fast, but if I slow down it works just fine.

Non consecutive keys works in fast as well.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    It only happens if I need to use the same letter twice in a word. For example "happens" or "letter". The second button press won't register since I'm typing so quickly I guess I've just noticed this recently. I thought I was messing up all the time until I tested it and discovered this issue... Typing slower seems to fix it though.
    I tried it, I don't seem to have this problem. Pre Plus 1.4
    Seeing how this is so difficult to reproduce and not everyone can even figure out how to get it to happen (myself included), I think the title of the thread is really overexagerating things a bit.
    AS and GH do this for me, but GH is the only one that I tend to type fast enough for it to ever happen on and it drives me crazy.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    no problems here=)
    YEap, same thing happening to my sprint pre. it makes a difference too- like when i'm typing really fast (when im txting) it gets annoying. interestingly i only noticed this on my 2nd pre, my first one i didnt notice anything.
    If they did this intentionally to inhibit mistakes...well there are people with small fingers too, palm.
    I actually noticed this on the most recent update to 1.4.1.1. The keys that are most noticeable to me are the C and Spacebar. When I'm typing something like "your car", it almost ALWAYS types "your ar" unless I consciously slow down and pause a second after hitting the spacebar. It's insanely frustrating. I don't really get this when I type words with double letters (like "letter"), although it sometimes does happen.

From all my time spent monitoring the /var/log/messages file at various times, I did see notices dumped when you press two keys like this "simultaneously". I can't remember the exact notice, but I'll look into it as soon as I can get Terminus back on my phone.
    Last edited by Wizzums; 04/22/2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: 1.4.4 = 1.4.1.1
    Looks like these are the three lines I get in the log file when I press "c" and the spacebar back and forth quickly:

MAXIM7359: key event not valid
    MAXIM7359: Rejecting neighbouring key
    MAXIM7359: Got key up with no previous key down.

The second entry makes me think it's intentional to prevent accidental neighboring key presses. Not sure if this was present in versions prior to 1.4.1.1.
    Last edited by Wizzums; 04/22/2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: 1.4.1.1.
    Maybe a patch is in order...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzums View Post
    I actually noticed this on the most recent update to 1.4.4. The keys that are most noticeable to me are the C and Spacebar. When I'm typing something like "your car", it almost ALWAYS types "your ar" unless I consciously slow down and pause a second after hitting the spacebar. It's insanely frustrating. I don't really get this when I type words with double letters (like "letter"), although it sometimes does happen.

From all my time spent monitoring the /var/log/messages file at various times, I did see notices dumped when you press two keys like this "simultaneously". I can't remember the exact notice, but I'll look into it as soon as I can get Terminus back on my phone.
    ????!!!!

Where did you get that????

Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Didn't get it to happen the way OP stated but did get it this way.

Press a button, and immediately hit an adjacent button without lifting your finger from the first press.

I think people who are getting the same behavior, are not actually lifting the first press fast enough and those who are not seeing the behavior are fallowing OP's instructions exactly.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizzums View Post
    I actually noticed this on the most recent update to 1.4.4.
    TYpo? you mean 1.4.1.1, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    TYpo? you mean 1.4.1.1, right?
    Haha yes. Got a little keystroke happy. 1.4.1.1!

Edit: Man, I did it twice! Don't know where my head is.
    This is by design to avoid "fat fingering" keys.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast