Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Great post!! Made all of us early adopters reminisce a lil
    yea at this point I really have to see this whole pre thing through!!...its been an amazing ride with more thrills ahead!
    Home Run!!! And best 1000Th post I've seen. I jumped on this wonderful ride called webOS 8 Months ago and haven't looked back since. It's truly amazing how far we've come in such a short time. I remember when the App catalog was in Beta with only about 239 apps. Lol every other day has been like Christmas for the early adopters who saw the glimpse of what webOS could be and have hung in and helped to create an environment to help grow the most elegant and synergistic OS ever to be had on a phone.

Thanks to Palm, the webOS internals team, P|C, the Devs and all the people who have helped to build this smartphone experience; who have made a small Company help change the future of smartphone devices and create a lifestyle change that even the larger big money Companies couldn't do.

It's been a great ride so far and I hope it continues to get better.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Nice read! ... even for a newcomer in this territory.
    Great post! I am also looking forward to what's next!
    Great post (what a way not to waste #1000!) and thanks for the reminder!
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Hey guys,

And so I find myself sitting here with my little Palm Pre, effortlessly streaming bluetooth music to my hifi, browsing multiple webpages with N.O.V.A paused but running in full glorious 3D in the background with Facebook popping up background notifications, a first class camera and video recorder within reach of a single button and a whole universe of apps and patches at my fingertips. I never would have believed it possible last July, or even before Christmas.
    Sheesh, I hope you have it plugged in!

Nice post, I enjoyed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    And I know I've said it a million times, but compared to the release of the Android G1 and the BB Storm, Palm did a very VERY good job of releasing a phone with stable software and tons of room to grow.

Great post. And I really hope Palm can keep it together to release even better phones in the future.
    I was one of those people with the origional storm.. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE phone. And yes there was a 60% return rate on those phones because of many many reasons including bad batteries.. bad click screens, light bleed from buttons.. HUGE gap around the screen that would wiggle! Laggy, memory leaks galore. Heck RIM was leaking OS's directly to Kevin!!! the head guy at crackberry.

I finally got rid of my storm when i had to dial 911 and the phone crashed while it was going into some sort of emergency mode.. 4+ minute reboot was not good when lady holding her bleeding child from a car accident.... got rid of it that day and went back to the huge treo 650 till the Pre came out.

It's funny how LITTLE issues we have compared to that Phone. The Pre launched a MUCH more solid device then the Storm ever did.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    I was one of those people with the origional storm.. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE phone. And yes there was a 60% return rate on those phones because of many many reasons including bad batteries.. bad click screens, light bleed from buttons.. HUGE gap around the screen that would wiggle! Laggy, memory leaks galore. Heck RIM was leaking OS's directly to Kevin!!! the head guy at crackberry.

I finally got rid of my storm when i had to dial 911 and the phone crashed while it was going into some sort of emergency mode.. 4+ minute reboot was not good when lady holding her bleeding child from a car accident.... got rid of it that day and went back to the huge treo 650 till the Pre came out.

It's funny how LITTLE issues we have compared to that Phone. The Pre launched a MUCH more solid device then the Storm ever did.
    I also had an original Storm... I wanted so much to love that device, but it was just horrible in so many ways. I liked the glass screen though - I'll always remember of a guy attacking the screen with a kitchen knife and leaving no scratches - if I did that to my Pre it would be totalled.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    I also had an original Storm... I wanted so much to love that device, but it was just horrible in so many ways. I liked the glass screen though - I'll always remember of a guy attacking the screen with a kitchen knife and leaving no scratches - if I did that to my Pre it would be totalled.
    Hey don't bash the Storm, lol, if not for that horrible phone I probably would still be over paying with Verizon and never would have bought a Pre last June
  11.    #31  
    haha, well it didn't help that the Storm was on Vodafone (not at all popular here in the UK). The signal was awful and the tariff more expensive. I was so pleased when they announced O2 would be getting the Pre
    Nice post! The ultimate early adopter story.
    Dude, it took me over 3 years to reach the milestone. You, sir, are a better nerd than I.
    Good write up...it is amazing to think back to even webOS 1.0.2 when I got my Pre... its Night and Day how much this phone has progressed, and now we have to hope for a massive update to 2.0!!!! i can't wait to see what Palm has up its sleeves!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Great 1000th post!!! Congrats and thank you for being a great community member!!!
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12