Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    What applications do you guys like to use for traveling? I'm a TripIt fan, so I'd like to have something that integrates with that. I used FlightView back in the day when it was free, but now it's $5. Are there any good free apps for keeping track of flights that provides information such as gate numbers and take off times?
    I travel on a weekly basis. Haven't used Flightview or anything of its kind though. Mostly I rely on the mobile friendly web sites of the hotels and airlines. A few games and plenty of music for the flight are good.

As to the cost, really is five bucks that hard on the wallet? If applications are to flourish we need to be willing to fork over a little "bread" for those we use a lot. They don't develop themselves.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Haven't tried TripIt yet, but I really like the HotelsByMe and YPmobile apps.

Seems like there was a cab app I'd seen as well, but I never got the chance to download that.

There are more apps than I know what to do with, to tell you the truth.
    TripIt pro is amazing. If you're constantly at the airport TripIt is your best companion.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestions. $5 isn't bad at all, but I didn't want to pay for that if I could get something just as good or better for free.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Actually, I just found out that Flight Stats has a mobile version of their site at m.flightstats.com which provides all the information I was looking for, such as departure and arrival gate numbers and departure and arrival times.