View Poll Results: is your charger door missing?

Voters
285. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

67 23.51%
  • no

197 69.12%
  • no but it comes off

21 7.37%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I was first in line for my launch day Pre. I have three Touchstones and have never dropped my phone. Unfortunately, my door broke and my screen cracked from the USB just last week. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHolyGrail View Post
    I was first in line for my launch day Pre. I have three Touchstones and have never dropped my phone. Unfortunately, my door broke and my screen cracked from the USB just last week. :-(
    Lol wow that sucks. I have a touchstone I don't even know wher it's at my door been off since december and I don't miss it. I kind of like having my screen all black when I charge it(with no app or patch), instead of that stupid touchstone clock
    Yo....

been missing mine for months. I just live with it....haven't had any followup problems like cracking, etc.
    Last edited by jjeffcoat; 04/19/2010 at 02:08 PM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I've got the screen USB screen crack issue - had it happen on two Pres - also on the same no USB cover - we have serious quality control issues with hardware but I love WebOS
    June 2009 launch day Pre. USB door is still hanging on but the stem is looking pretty well worn at this point. Surprised it has hung in there this long honestly.
    yes mine is missing and i have a crack thats extended onto my screen... Not happy about it...
    God makes the earth yield healing herbs which the prudent man should not neglect;
    People with cracks by the usb is it always on the bottom I haven't see one at the top of the usb port yet. (mines on the bottom)
    I just lost it an hour ago. I'm still sitting where I was when I opened it last, but I still can't find it. Maybe I will. I WAS eating Chinese food, while holding the phone and reading. I hope I didn't eat it. Except for the usb crack my Pre has been excellent. 7 Months, and the door goes now, right before I go to a family reunion where I expect I'll be showing off the Pre a lot. Bummer
    Last edited by SFHandyman; 05/14/2010 at 04:08 AM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Now that I have the touchstone, I rarely use the door. Mine's in great shape.
    Near launch day Pre+ and no issues yet... the cover is a little looser than it was. Touchstone mostly solves the problem... but I still charge via usb at work/in the car (I'm at 5 different locations depending where the "work" is... and don't really have a desk ).
    Launch day pre here...been missing the door for months..... I'm fine without it
    I am ready to rip it off but I just got a few touchstones (RS), so i may never need to open it again.
    Still have mine and going on 1yr, but I've been real careful since I don't own a touchstone.

Would love a touchstone, but also use an Otterbox Tandem Series that are not touchstone capable.

Either way, my wife's broke off when the case port cover got jammed on her older Pre and case. Her unit was replaced in warranty and now both of us line things up and make sure there are no snags when open and closing our Pre's.

Sorli...
    I still have my June 6, 2009 release day Pre, and it still has it's door.
    Quote Originally Posted by charles77k View Post
    I took mine off and couldn't be happier.
    Mine's still there, but it's a serious kludge in the design of this phone. I'm considering removing it, but I worry about getting gunk in there. I don't have a touchstone, but would love to get one. I'd still use the USB port for data and for charging when I'm at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by charles77k View Post
    I took mine off and couldn't be happier.
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    I just lost it an hour ago. I'm still sitting where I was when I opened it last, but I still can't find it. Maybe I will. I WAS eating Chinese food, while holding the phone and reading. I hope I didn't eat it. Except for the usb crack my Pre has been excellent. 7 Months, and the door goes now, right before I go to a family reunion where I expect I'll be showing off the Pre a lot. Bummer
    Just pretend it's supposed to be like that. the iPhone doesn't have a cover for its dock port.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123