View Poll Results: is your charger door missing?

Voters
285. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

67 23.51%
  • no

197 69.12%
  • no but it comes off

21 7.37%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I losted mine a long time ago.
    Nope, launch day pre
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Im missing my battery cover. But thats because I take it off to tether and keep the Pre cool. MyTether FTW

Still have the charger door, and I mess with it alot.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ConeNubi701 View Post
    Im missing my battery cover. But thats because I take it off to tether and keep the Pre cool. MyTether FTW

Still have the charger door, and I mess with it alot.
    yea i had my tether but it was to gay in the face lol, i like mobile hotspot alot better.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    My door is still attached, but the slim piece of plastic behind it butting up to the slider has cracked on one side.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Mine is intact, but only because I have two touchstones. Poll could be misleading, I bet there would be many more that would have fallen off it not for touchstones.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Mine is still attached to my pre and I use it 5days a week. I do have that pesky usb crack, but it hasn't grown any for months(cuz I stopped letting iphone users handle my phone)
    I slide the keyboard out to open the cover...makes it easier to open!
    Not yet, but I've only had my phone for a week. I don't have any illusions that it's going to make it the full 2 years though.
    Same here, I still have the micro USB cover, but the little plastic piece just below it broke. Actually it broke on one side and then I removed the other.

The funny thing is that the micro USB cover is now way easier to open. Personally, it should have been built this way.
    Broke after just 5 months of EXTREMELY careful removing/replacing.

Also have the dreaded crack extending from the USB port to about 1/4 inch onto the screen.

I have dropped it several times, but it's just so dang slippery!
    and that is the number one reason I got the touchstone. I've been using Palm phones since they first came out. My phone before the Pre was the Samsung i500 and the ear bud port had a rubber flap that broke off on all 4 of my i500s in about 3 weeks.
  13.    #33  
    yea the touchstone is cool but i wasn't going to go pay $40 for it lol.
    I've probably had this pre since about two months after launch... door was in serious condition for awhile, but just lost it yesterday D;
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianspr View Post
    Broke after just 5 months of EXTREMELY careful removing/replacing.

Also have the dreaded crack extending from the USB port to about 1/4 inch onto the screen.

I have dropped it several times, but it's just so dang slippery!
    I had lost my charger door cover a while back but the cracks started some time after that. I was in a Sprint store recently asking about a keyboard problem and they saw the cracks near the charger connector and said that is a known issue and they would order me a replacement Pre. Got it 2 days later (was in late on a Sat, had it Monday). It is a refurb but is working fine and has a charger covver thingy.

Maybe you can get yours replaced for free.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by texas_ags View Post
    I had lost my charger door cover a while back but the cracks started some time after that. I was in a Sprint store recently asking about a keyboard problem and they saw the cracks near the charger connector and said that is a known issue and they would order me a replacement Pre. Got it 2 days later (was in late on a Sat, had it Monday). It is a refurb but is working fine and has a charger covver thingy.

Maybe you can get yours replaced for free.
    Its somewhere near my bed as when i took the charger out it was gone, so it must of flung somewhere around here i just cant find it lol
    mines came off 3 months after I had it, but I like it..its a way I can tell me and my wifes pres apart..i like it better without
    Mine was fine till Service Store had it, fell off that night when using WebOSQI - they said cosmetic thing, won't replace, don't need, other phones don't have, etc. . .
    They are right, but I feel it protects from dust and especially moisture, it was designed that way!
    I have it stuck in there, annoys me without it because it doesn't feel smooth amd whole, have to be careful on pockets now.
    I took mines off on the very first day I got it. So i technically am not missing it.
    Last edited by Cylon; 04/19/2010 at 02:54 PM.
    Off for months and better without it
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast