Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 78
  1.    #1  
    So, MLB says it is supported by the PRE, but here is my problem:

    I get the audio to boot up, listen to it for about 30 secs then it kicks back to the boot up screen. Never goes back to the stream or anything.

    MLB Customer service is non-existent it seems. Does anyone else have this problem and do you know the fix?
  2. #2  
    I've been listening to the White Sox-Indians game from the start.
    A couple of times it stopped, but I just restarted it and it's fine, listening with bluetooth headphones as I type.
  3. #3  
    GDA was terrible last month during Spring Training. Since the beginning of the regular season, I have not had any of the streaming failures or audio level problems with Cubs game streams since then.

    MLBAM Mobile Customer Support was pretty good last year. I think they had to stream specially for the Pre because of the limited audio codec support they had last year. There were a number of times streaming to the Pre was not working. Submitting a web request or an email was met with an email response. Problems were usually resolved within a few innings. This year I have not received any response to the support requests I submitted during Spring Training.
  4.    #4  
    First, through process of elimination (or elimination of processes) I found out that the streaming works when the wi-fi is turned off. I have no clue at all why this would be since I would figure wi-fi would help give the stream more bandwidth, but that is for much better comp people than me.

    Second, email is not customer service. I can call for any other product MLB has such as the web based GDA etc. but not for the mobile program. This is a big stickler for me. If you have a small little app I can see email support being it, but not when you are a multi-billion dollar company.

    Especially when the email response I get is "make sure your java is updated".

    Might be just my pet peeve, or maybe just one more problem with the MLB that keeps blacking out my cable channel, won't install a salary cap, and does everything it can to pander to the Yankees. :/
  5. #5  
    Mine works (or not) like this.
    Usually can listen to the 1 to 3 innings then the stream just stops and it usually take 20 minutes o fiddling o get it back - maybe.
    Good Wifi. 2g or 3g is almost never an option at home - I don't thank Verizon femtocel do data.
    A Pain!
    (Game Day Audio is Yankee based I'm sure!!;-)
  6. radiant1's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #6  
    I'm in Cincinnati listening to my hometown Tigers 3-4 nights a week with mine and no problems since the start of the regular season! I love it... I also get to listen to my hometown sports show on 97.1 The Ticket in Detroit, using RadioTime. Again.. just another example of why my Pre kicks ***.

    ps. Thank you HP.
  7. #7  
    Mine has been working great since the season started. Listened to entire Met game today with no problems at all.
    Fred
  8. #8  
    Listened to entire Indians-Angels game, did have a little problem when my EVDO dropped down to 1X, but I put her in and out of airplane mode real quick and she was fine after that.
    I'll say it again, MLB Mobile Premium is the best $15 you'll ever spend and maybe now that HP's buying Palm, we'll see an At Bat app for Web OS.
  9. #9  
    is this an app to purchase or service to subscribe to?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    is this an app to purchase or service to subscribe to?
    Subscription. You get access to MLB Gameday along with game audio via the regular mobile site.
  11. #11  
    Well - I tried to listen to Gameday Audio on my toy laptop - no go!
    Called MLB Customer support: A Plam Pre Gameday Audio subscription DOES NOT allow for use on any other device.

    Has anyone tried a 'normal' Gameday Audio subscription and then access it on a Pre via the web Browser? MLB insists that this would not work - but I'm not confident in their tech expertise.


    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    Subscription. You get access to MLB Gameday along with game audio via the regular mobile site.
    Last edited by Chull; 05/02/2010 at 04:03 PM.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chull View Post
    Well - I tried to listen to Gameday Audio on my toy laptop - no go!
    Called MLB Customer support: A Plam Pre Gameday Audio subscription DOES NOT allow for use on any other device.

    Has anyone tried a 'normal' Gameday Audio subscription and then access it on a Pre via the web Browser? MLB insists that this would not work - but I'm not confident in their tech expertise.
    No, your Pre Gameday Audio sub through MLB Mobile Premium won't work on a computer, they're different services.
    From the FAQs:
    I purchased Gameday Audio on the Web. Can I use this subscription to access Mobile Premium?
    No. MLB.com Mobile Premium requires a separate subscription

    I purchased Gameday Audio Mobile on my old phone. Can I use this subscription to access Mobile Premium?
    No. MLB.com Mobile Premium requires a separate subscription. Purchase the Mobile Premium subscription and call customer service to cancel the Gameday Audio Mobile subscription.
  13. #13  
    Yup Directions and FAQs make sense AFTER that fact!
    Thanks!!

    Has anyone tried using a PC Subscription through the the Pre's Browser???

    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    No, your Pre Gameday Audio sub through MLB Mobile Premium won't work on a computer, they're different services.
    From the FAQs:
    I purchased Gameday Audio on the Web. Can I use this subscription to access Mobile Premium?
    No. MLB.com Mobile Premium requires a separate subscription

    I purchased Gameday Audio Mobile on my old phone. Can I use this subscription to access Mobile Premium?
    No. MLB.com Mobile Premium requires a separate subscription. Purchase the Mobile Premium subscription and call customer service to cancel the Gameday Audio Mobile subscription.
  14. #14  
    I discovered something during Tues Red Sox night game:
    Using WiFi at home with a Great WiFi connection I am lucky to be able to hear 10 minutes of a game each hour (which includes 10 minutes of throwing the Pre up against the wall a few hundred times!!!!)
    When I turn off WiF and I can listen to about 58 minutes of the game during each hour.
    With WiFi off the display shows 1x and I could visually see that it was being routed through my Femtocell. via the green LED that shows network activity.
    I have been told and have read that 3G/Data will not and cannot be routed through my Verizon Femtocell - but MLB Game Day Audio is. I haven't had a chance to test if other data such as web browsing is routed through the Femtocell if WiFi is off.
    I wonder if the Pre MLB GD Audio App is using something along the lines of a Cell Phone connection as opposed to a Internet Type Data connection and that is also why it will not work on a PC???
    Any ideas??
    At least I can now listen to game at home!
  15. #15  
    I feel like a kid carrying a transistor radio around listening to MLB GameDay on my Pre. I do notice that a phone call, text message, and such stops the stream, but tapping on the app brings it back just like it says. As with anything the signal has to be there. In my experience having WIFi on keeps the stream steady when Im home.
  16. #16  
    Funny - for you WiFi works with MLB GD whereas for me I have to turn it WiFi off!!
    I know what you mean: At times I fell like I'm back n the 60's remember that I wished I had a transistor radio in my pocket like the Coach had!(Coach wasn't to thrilled he had to do elementary gym classes!! ) Now I Do!!
    (But if I can ever find a way to get my JawBone Icon to stay in my ear, that would be how I listen to the games in public)



    Quote Originally Posted by teejay69 View Post
    I feel like a kid carrying a transistor radio around listening to MLB GameDay on my Pre. I do notice that a phone call, text message, and such stops the stream, but tapping on the app brings it back just like it says. As with anything the signal has to be there. In my experience having WIFi on keeps the stream steady when Im home.
  17. #17  
    I love watching the video highlights, the quality is great, makes you wish MLB offered Extra Innings as a Mobile option, I would pay $50 a season to see out-of-market games.
  18. Honis's Avatar
    Posts
    508 Posts
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chull View Post
    Yup Directions and FAQs make sense AFTER that fact!
    Thanks!!

    Has anyone tried using a PC Subscription through the the Pre's Browser???
    The desktop subscription (I read as the one accessed through a PC browser) is Flash based so it will not work on the Pre (for now). Besides you get redirected straight to the mobile site.

    It seems MLB is trying to milk every direction out of people who don't live in the teams region. Being in Arizona as a StL Cardinals fan is a pain in my back pocket and straight through to my ***.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
  19. #19  
    Big Problem with MLB GameDay Audio on my VZ Palm Pre Plus!!
    Red Sox are Losing Big Time most every time I listen!! Must be a WebOS Problem!! Who can I report this to?!?!

    But... The audio feed is 'sticking' better with WiFi enabled in my house, but I can still see that the network traffic is over my Femtocell NOT the WiFi router. Which ever just so it is working!!
  20. #20  
    Ok - just now I placed a phone call - of course the MLB audio Stream stopped as it is suppose to, but it would not startup again after the call ended until I turned WiFi off.
    I still think it STINKS that I had to pay $200+ because of Verizon's poor service, (The Maps Lie;-) but the Femtocell does allow me to be able to talk on my phone most of the time, and it seems that, despite what I have been told and read, it DOES do DATA over it.
    It really seems to me that MLB GameDay Audio works much better over a Cell Phone Radio data feed than over a WiFi Radio data feed.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions