Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by mapenn View Post
    This mobile stuff from MLB is very unorganized and frustrating.
    • They list "Mobile Premium" as being available for Palm Pre - but you can't actually subscribe to it. I'm assuming they neglected to update their website FAQs from 2009.

• Game Day Audio does work. However, you can't go between PC and Pre or vice versa. They are two separate subscription payments. I just want to pay for simple content and not have to worry about what device it is coming through.

• Game Day Audio for Mobile does not give you access to the archives.

• Game Day Audio on my Pre is choppy, constantly buffering. I don't have 3G coverage in the office, BUT, I do stream KMOX (which is what GameDay is re-broadcasting) and other stations throughout the day with no problem. The GameDay stream is bad for me.

Not worth the hassle. I'm canceling.
    You can't subscribe to Mobile Premium? That sucks. I wonder what happened? I had it all last season and never had an issue, streaming was good quality and the game tracker was good.
    Like I said, I'm going Android as soon as the Evo 3D is out and getting the At Bat app as soon as I can.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mapenn View Post
    Game Day Audio on my Pre is choppy, constantly buffering. I don't have 3G coverage in the office, BUT, I do stream KMOX (which is what GameDay is re-broadcasting) and other stations throughout the day with no problem. The GameDay stream is bad for me.
    Yep, I have this same exact problem with any Gameday Audio stream. Last year it worked just fine, but this year it constantly stutters and buffers. Gameday Audio for the Pre is utter crap this season.
    Well, with much hassle I got the 11.99 game day audio and it is working ok (new VZ Tower down the road since last season)
    Now - it thinks my Pre is a BlackBerry -but I can hear the games.
    Definitely NO vid replay! Only a blank black screen. If I minimize or even turn the display of the audio stops.
    I wonder - with WebOS 2.? can you use the GameDay Audio for PC through the Web Browser?
    Anyone Try??
    (Sure can't with 1.4.?? I Tried!)
    OK, I forgot about the one-month option so I signed up.
    What a letdown compared to last year.
    Now I know what you guys are griping about and I completely understand and agree. If I want to follow the game while listening, no dice.
    Mobile Premium is dead
    MLB is abandoning Web OS, the EVO 3D can't get here soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Now I know what you guys are griping about and I completely understand and agree. If I want to follow the game while listening, no dice.
    Mobile Premium is dead
    I think you're right. And what bothers me the most is it's not like we're asking for a lot. Sure I'd love an app like Android and iOS have, but all I want is a freaking web browser to play audio, is that too much to ask for?
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I think you're right. And what bothers me the most is it's not like we're asking for a lot. Sure I'd love an app like Android and iOS have, but all I want is a freaking web browser to play audio, is that too much to ask for?
    Just the same thing they had last year would have been fine. The fact that the head of MLBAM didn't even mention Web OS when asked about it and Blackberry speaks volumes, they're leaving Web OS behind.
    What stinks about this new format is that if I get a text (and I follow some MLB writers on Twitter that post in game), I can't read it because it'll stop streaming.
    I really wonder why they dumped MLB Premium for this crap?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Mobile Premium is dead
    I'm a little late to this thread, but my two cents:
    I had mobile premium last year and loved it. Funny thing is, a few days before the season I was on the site and saw the link for mobile premium. Great, I thought. But that was the last time I saw it. I sent an email but have not received a response. Apparently it is dead on the Pre. As others have noted, they need to update their FAQ as that looks the same as last year.
    I called MLBAM to try and resolve my unexpected error trying to subscribe to Mobile Premium for the Pre.

Supervisor confirmed them no longer offer it for the Pre.

I believe they were engineering a stream just for the Pre. There were a few times where just the Pre stream was down. If it needed it's own stream, I can kind of understand why they pulled the plug on it.

This kicks me off the fence about waiting for a new WebOS device.

Any pointers to threads on which android device people are moving to?

The dual screen of the Kyocera Echo (due 17 Apr) has my attention.
    (Thread pointers, please - I do not wish to pull this RIP thread off topic.)

Beginning A Moment of Silence (tm)...

Quote Originally Posted by bobsterco View Post
    I called MLBAM to try and resolve my unexpected error trying to subscribe to Mobile Premium for the Pre.

Supervisor confirmed them no longer offer it for the Pre.

I believe they were engineering a stream just for the Pre. There were a few times where just the Pre stream was down. If it needed it's own stream, I can kind of understand why they pulled the plug on it.

This kicks me off the fence about waiting for a new WebOS device.

Any pointers to threads on which android device people are moving to?

The dual screen of the Kyocera Echo (due 17 Apr) has my attention.
    (Thread pointers, please - I do not wish to pull this RIP thread off topic.)

Beginning A Moment of Silence (tm)...

Evo 3D, MLB At Bat will look stunning on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    I have the same problem and it is different than last year. Last year it kept that tower symbol on the screen and you could still go to another card. this season it just has that black screen; Didn't occur to me that this could mean it was the video player working. Any suggestions would be fantastic as I use this app quite a bit.
    Any workarounds out there ?
    Last edited by Blade2002; 05/03/2011 at 07:10 PM.
    MLB just announced if you have At Bat on your iPhone, Android or Blackberry device, for an extra $50, YOU CAN WATCH EVERY GAME! (except those in your home market).
    What a deal.
    And of course...... No Web OS.
    Please Sprint, tell us when the Evo 3D is coming out because I plan on getting this Day 1.
    Please post your personal experience from this year with your specific webOS device, OS version, & carrier. I want to be able to listen (@ least) to every out of market game for my beloved Angels, but it seems my original Sprint Pre option for my stock OS SUCKS big time this year, so I am going without for now. I have an EVO, an M1, a Sanyo 9K, & a TP2. I want to use my Pre to get my MLB fix, but a blank card that uses the video player, drains the battery, & cripples the functionality of the phone is totally unacceptable!!! What about a Verizon Pre 2??? Is that crippled also???

With HP bringing the Veer, the Pre 3, & a few tablets to the marketplace this year on a global basis & the massive economies of scale HP brings to the table, how can MLB just decide to blow off webOS??? It's total BS!!! Not to mention all the current users of the original Pre, the Pixi, the Pre+. the Pixi+ & the Pre2. I don't like the way Selig runs MLB in general, & especially this latest takeover of a private business known as The Dodgers. MLB monetizes everything & doesn't care for it's fan base. Unless of course your a fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyAndJustice4All View Post
    Please post your personal experience from this year with your specific webOS device, OS version, & carrier. I want to be able to listen (@ least) to every out of market game for my beloved Angels, but it seems my original Sprint Pre option for my stock OS SUCKS big time this year, so I am going without for now. I have an EVO, an M1, a Sanyo 9K, & a TP2. I want to use my Pre to get my MLB fix, but a blank card that uses the video player, drains the battery, & cripples the functionality of the phone is totally unacceptable!!! What about a Verizon Pre 2??? Is that crippled also???

With HP bringing the Veer, the Pre 3, & a few tablets to the marketplace this year on a global basis & the massive economies of scale HP brings to the table, how can MLB just decide to blow off webOS??? It's total BS!!! Not to mention all the current users of the original Pre, the Pixi, the Pre+. the Pixi+ & the Pre2. I don't like the way Selig runs MLB in general, & especially this latest takeover of a private business known as The Dodgers. MLB monetizes everything & doesn't care for it's fan base. Unless of course your a fan.
    I'm going to disagree with you a little. MLB has done more than any other sports league when it comes to online game streaming at a fair price.
    I can listen to every MLB game for under $20 a SEASON!
    I can watch every out-of-market MLB game for around $100 a SEASON!
    MLB is blowing off Web OS just like a lot of other major app maker because barely anyone has a Web OS device. Less than 4 percent of smartphones sold are Web OS.
    I've had a Pre since June 6, 2009 but guess what? I'm going Evo 3D because I want At Bat on my phone. And my Slingbox to watch MLB Network.
    I want to see MLB come out with At Bat for the Pre but it's been 2 years, it's time to move on.
    Maybe some day but it won't be this season.

I have the same experience as you with a vzw pre+ running 1.4.5. And I am so curious what was censored in your post...
    I'm going to disagree with you a little. MLB has done more than any other sports league when it comes to online game streaming at a fair price.
    I can listen to every MLB game for under $20 a SEASON!
    I can watch every out-of-market MLB game for around $100 a SEASON!
    MLB is blowing off Web OS just like a lot of other major app maker because barely anyone has a Web OS device. Less than 4 percent of smartphones sold are Web OS.
    I've had a Pre since June 6, 2009 but guess what? I'm going Evo 3D because I want At Bat on my phone. And my Slingbox to watch MLB Network.
    I want to see MLB come out with At Bat for the Pre but it's been 2 years, it's time to move on.
    Maybe some day but it won't be this season.
    I'm just ranting... I am a pro liberty minded person, a self-made business man, & an economist. I get so tired of trying to educate businesses that accounting costs are NOT the most important cost in running a business. Customer service is the most important cost in running a business & implied therein are all of the very relevant opportunity costs that businesses tend to ignore because they are not easily quantifiable & nobody wants to stick their neck out to do what they know is best & in the long term interest of the company. MLB is short sighted!!! MLB is a VERY WEALTHY ENTITY & if they cared about their fan base they would treat all mobile OS's with potential the same, regardless of the % user breakdown. I am talking about supporting 5, maybe 6 mobile OS's!!! Not 10 or 20... Can anyone in their right mind not understand the value in providing that kind of superior customer service when your getting your **** kicked in fan base growth to the NFL, the NBA, & the MLS; in terms of % new fan base growth??? Expanding support to fans is critical to the growth of MLB. It would not cost much $ to do this & it is a necessary investment. MLB is penny wise & pound foolish, heck most companies are, a few are not. Google is not penny wise & pound foolish, heck they are the epitome of not being penny wise & pound foolish which is a key reason as to why they have been so very successful. It also helps to have the NSA's software & backing, but I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    I have the same experience as you with a vzw pre+ running 1.4.5. And I am so curious what was censored in your post...
    I censored myself Feel free to insert your own derogatory team name in the slot,
    The Veer comes out in 5 days, then the TouchPad & Pre3 next month!!! I rest my case.
    I'm just ranting... I am a pro liberty minded person, a self-made business man, & an economist. I get so tired of trying to educate businesses that accounting costs are NOT the most important cost in running a business. Customer service is the most important cost in running a business & implied therein are all of the very relevant opportunity costs that businesses tend to ignore because they are not easily quantifiable & nobody wants to stick their neck out to do what they know is best & in the long term interest of the company. MLB is short sighted!!! MLB is a VERY WEALTHY ENTITY & if they cared about their fan base they would treat all mobile OS's with potential the same, regardless of the % user breakdown. I am talking about supporting 5, maybe 6 mobile OS's!!! Not 10 or 20... Can anyone in their right mind not understand the value in providing that kind of superior customer service when your getting your **** kicked in fan base growth to the NFL, the NBA, & the MLS; in terms of % new fan base growth??? Expanding support to fans is critical to the growth of MLB. It would not cost much $ to do this & it is a necessary investment. MLB is penny wise & pound foolish, heck most companies are, a few are not. Google is not penny wise & pound foolish, heck they are the epitome of not being penny wise & pound foolish which is a key reason as to why they have been so very successful. It also helps to have the NSA's software & backing, but I digress.

I censored myself Feel free to insert your own derogatory team name in the slot,
    To be honest, I think MLB has done the best job out of all the major sports leagues because they offer so much on different platforms on different carriers.
    Look at the NFL, first it was Sprint only, now VZW. MLB At Bat can be used on all carriers on the 3 major platforms and as much as it bothers me that Web OS isn't one of them, I understand why, Web OS has a tiny percentage of the market.
    I've waited 2 years, so next month, it's an Evo 3D for me and my first app purchase will be At Bat.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234