Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm going to have to hold off, I may get the new EVO 3D to replace my Pre and would wait and get the At Bat app.
    There are kinks in spring training with MLB Premium but they were gone when the games counted. Good luck.
    Still searching for MLB Mobile Premium...anyone been able to sign up lately? I can't even find a link anymore to Mobile Premium.

I assume the GameDay Audio gives you only that...the Audio. I liked MLB Mobile Premium so I could 'watch' the balls & strikes with the little cartoon players (gameday I think it's called)...I used that at work all the time when I can't necessarily listen to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwlarsen30 View Post
    Still searching for MLB Mobile Premium...anyone been able to sign up lately? I can't even find a link anymore to Mobile Premium.

I assume the GameDay Audio gives you only that...the Audio. I liked MLB Mobile Premium so I could 'watch' the balls & strikes with the little cartoon players (gameday I think it's called)...I used that at work all the time when I can't necessarily listen to the game.
    Without signing into anything I went to mlb.com on my device and selected a random game. From there I selected 'pitch by pitch' and it gives the cartoon animation along with recent plays, same thing as gameday but free. If you want the audio it is extra I believe.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    There is no MLB Mobile Premium available for WebOS -- only MLB Mobile Gameday Audio. I just signed up for it a few minutes ago and am now streaming the Yankees-Tigers game. For whatever reason this year the card that opens up during streaming is blank, which is somewhat annoying.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsWin View Post
    I don't know if MLB Mobile Premium still exists. When you link from the MLB Mobile site, it just goes straight to Gameday Audio. My experience with Gameday Audio so far has been pretty bad. I listened to a game this afternoon and the sound quality was poor, the audio skipped, and if I receive a phone call or do anything else on the phone it kills the stream completely. I don't remember any of that being the case last season with MLB Mobile Premium. Hopefully they will make some improvements before opening day, because it is near unlistenable in its current state.
    The audio cutting out when you receive a phone call is 100% normal. CDMA radios can not use internet and connect to the telephone network at the same time. You'll have this problem on every Sprint and Verizon 3G phone and 4G phones if you're not in a 4G area.

Signing up now...
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    The site is sloooooooooow. I remember the same problem last year. Hey MLB! It's Opening Day! Lots of people want to watch/listen to the games! You had ALL WINTER to upgrade your servers. Sheesh.
    Palm III - Tungsten E2 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre - Impatiently awaiting a Pre 3!
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    I'm not able to access the audio portion thru CBSsports with our free subscription... anyone able to get this to work? It works fine on my laptop.

UPDATE: Logged out of CBS and then back in and now it seems to be working... Audio shuts off when screen is off, so that's not good for the battery
    Last edited by JTH182; 03/31/2011 at 03:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhat1 View Post
    ...MLB Mobile Gameday Audio. I just signed up for it a few minutes ago and am now streaming the Yankees-Tigers game.
    just to clarify -- you are listening to gameday audio on your Palm Pre? I'm trying to sign up with my Pre and keep getting "we encountered problems" error. And, strangely, if I look in the URL of the browser, it references "blackberry." And I don't see anywhere on MLB's site that suggests Palm Pre support anymore.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mapenn View Post
    just to clarify -- you are listening to gameday audio on your Palm Pre? I'm trying to sign up with my Pre and keep getting "we encountered problems" error. And, strangely, if I look in the URL of the browser, it references "blackberry." And I don't see anywhere on MLB's site that suggests Palm Pre support anymore.
    Keep at it. Took me since my last post to get through.

Do NOT buy the gameday package through a PC. It cost $20/yr and does not include the Gameday on mobile devices which only costs $12/yr. I've emailed a complaint, we'll see if it actually gets looked at.

[edit] Currently listening to the StL Cards game on my Sprint Palm Pre. I missed the opening pitch >:-|
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    yeah, I'm trying to grab the cardinals also!
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    yeah, I'm trying to grab the cardinals also!
    If you live in MO it's probably cheaper/easier to run to walmart and pick up a battery powered radio. I wouldn't be using anything from MLB.com if I had an alternative.

[edit] You're in KMOX range (barely). Here's a radio list: http://www.cardsclubhouse.com/guide/...io_network.php
    You could try TuneIn by RadioTime and see if any of the online radio streams aren't blocked.
    So how's MLB's Mobile Premium working for you guys? That's the service that works for the Pre to be able to listen to games.
    I feel bad I'm holding off since I'm leaning toward buying an EVO 3D this summer and then getting the At Bat app for Android.

And it doesn't look like there will be a Web OS version anytime soon.
    This is from the Wall Street Journal's interview with Bob Bowman, who is the head honcho for MLBAM, which does all those apps.

Do you think you’ll be supporting either the BlackBerry Playbook or HP’s WebOS?

"We want them to succeed. We don’t want there to be just one company out there. Obviously there are a lot of customers out there that still use the BlackBerry. So if there’s a tablet out there that they are more comfortable with, vs. the iPad, Hallelujah.
    I think we will support the Playbook for sure this season. Blackberry’s been a partner of ours for a long time."

So there you have it folks, he didn't even mention Web OS when asked.
    Bye Web OS, hello Android.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I subscribed to MLB Mobile Gameday Audio and is does work but,,

I got MLB Gameday to listen at work mainly and out and about occasionally. AM radio reception is very bad in my building.

It does work on both Wifi and evdo. There are occasional gaps but it usually keeps playing after a few seconds.

My problem is that it is a REAL BATTERY KILLER." I have my pre on a touchstone at work on Wifi and the battery level still goes down. My pre also gets very warm, almost hot.

My take on this is that the stream from MLB (both standard and alternate) are using the Video Player on the Pre. It keeps the screen on even though it is black. Also if I try to do anything else with the Pre, including shutting off the screen with the power switch, it resets the playback and says there is an error.

Does anyone know if there is an alternate audio player that will work with MLB Audio and play in the background with the screen off? I don't know what kind of format is being used.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmin View Post
    I subscribed to MLB Mobile Gameday Audio and is does work but,,

I got MLB Gameday to listen at work mainly and out and about occasionally. AM radio reception is very bad in my building.

It does work on both Wifi and evdo. There are occasional gaps but it usually keeps playing after a few seconds.

My problem is that it is a REAL BATTERY KILLER." I have my pre on a touchstone at work on Wifi and the battery level still goes down. My pre also gets very warm, almost hot.

My take on this is that the stream from MLB (both standard and alternate) are using the Video Player on the Pre. It keeps the screen on even though it is black. Also if I try to do anything else with the Pre, including shutting off the screen with the power switch, it resets the playback and says there is an error.

Does anyone know if there is an alternate audio player that will work with MLB Audio and play in the background with the screen off? I don't know what kind of format is being used.

Thanks in advance.
    I have the same problem and it is different than last year. Last year it kept that tower symbol on the screen and you could still go to another card. this season it just has that black screen; Didn't occur to me that this could mean it was the video player working. Any suggestions would be fantastic as I use this app quite a bit.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Yes, I am listening to MLB Gameday Audio on my Pre -- I was able to sign up on opening day with no problems. As someone mentioned previously, this year the Palm Pre/WebOS arenot listed on MLB.com as being supported for whatever reason, but I have encountered no issues streaming to my Pre other than the annoying blank card that you can't minimize without disrupting the stream. I suspect that not "officially" being supported this year I'm just using the BB stream, which isn't totally compatible with the cards in WebOS.

MLB Gameday Audio is definitely a battery killer, but it always has been in the 3 years seasons I've had it (end of 2009 season after the Pre released - now). I usually stream games at my desk with my Pre on a Touchstone. My battery doesn't deplete, but it does get hot, although in fairness it does that when the Pre streams anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhat1 View Post
    Yes, I am listening to MLB Gameday Audio on my Pre -- I was able to sign up on opening day with no problems. As someone mentioned previously, this year the Palm Pre/WebOS arenot listed on MLB.com as being supported for whatever reason, but I have encountered no issues streaming to my Pre other than the annoying blank card that you can't minimize without disrupting the stream. I suspect that not "officially" being supported this year I'm just using the BB stream, which isn't totally compatible with the cards in WebOS.

MLB Gameday Audio is definitely a battery killer, but it always has been in the 3 years seasons I've had it (end of 2009 season after the Pre released - now). I usually stream games at my desk with my Pre on a Touchstone. My battery doesn't deplete, but it does get hot, although in fairness it does that when the Pre streams anything.
    Do you mean MLB Mobile Premium? Because I've seen it listed as supporting the Pre.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Do you mean MLB Mobile Premium? Because I've seen it listed as supporting the Pre.
    No, I mean MLB.com Gameday Audio for Mobile. The Pre/WebOS are not listed as compatible devices, but I've had no issues using the service. Listening to the Yankees-Red Sox as I type.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    This mobile stuff from MLB is very unorganized and frustrating.
    • They list "Mobile Premium" as being available for Palm Pre - but you can't actually subscribe to it. I'm assuming they neglected to update their website FAQs from 2009.

• Game Day Audio does work. However, you can't go between PC and Pre or vice versa. They are two separate subscription payments. I just want to pay for simple content and not have to worry about what device it is coming through.

• Game Day Audio for Mobile does not give you access to the archives.

• Game Day Audio on my Pre is choppy, constantly buffering. I don't have 3G coverage in the office, BUT, I do stream KMOX (which is what GameDay is re-broadcasting) and other stations throughout the day with no problem. The GameDay stream is bad for me.

Not worth the hassle. I'm canceling.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    It's still working for me. I want to cancel but it technically does work.

My battery charges as fast as it is drained by this feed. This is probably the most frustrating thing to me since it is killing my battery that is almost 2 years old to begin with. I connect directly to the charging cable since it supplies a little more juice than a touchstone connection.

Go Cardinals!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast