Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    MLB has announced that the Palm Pre is now a supported device for gameday audio. See here:
    MLB.com Mobile FAQ | MLB.com: Help

But while there are separate apps for android and Iphone users, the MLB website doesn't seem to have an app for the pre:

MLB.com At Bat 11 | MLB.com: Mobile

I would think given the heft of HP that we would soon see an app for the pre.

gbafam
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gbafam View Post
    MLB has announced that the Palm Pre is now a supported device for gameday audio. See here:
    MLB.com Mobile FAQ | MLB.com: Help
    The Palm Pre was already supported last season with MLB Mobile Premium. I just tried subscribing again for this season and received an "Unexpected Error" processing my order. Has anyone had any luck signing up yet?
    I'm going to wait until mid-March. The same thing happened last year.
    I was hoping MLB would have a Web OS app but it looks like Premium is what we have for our Pres.
    I just listen to games using radio streams instead of GDA. I can listen to the Marlins English-language broadcast using the TuneIn by Radio Time app on the Pre-, but when that stream is blocked by MLB, the Spanish-language broadcast is never blocked, but I have to access it via Flash on the Pre 2.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Still no luck for me and MLB.com Mobile customer service has been less than helpful. I guess I will keep trying.
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsWin View Post
    Still no luck for me and MLB.com Mobile customer service has been less than helpful. I guess I will keep trying.
    Remember last year?
    It wasn't until mid March that you could subscribe.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Kind of off topic, but not really:

CBSSports.com offers free MLB GameDay premium subscriptions when you buy a fantasy league, so apparently I will be getting that service for free... How would I be able to listen to games on my Sprint Pre Plus (if at all)?
    go to mlb.com on your pre and it'll bring you to the mobile page where you can access audio.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    go to mlb.com on your pre and it'll bring you to the mobile page where you can access audio.
    Ha, simple enough... I'm still waiting to hear from CBS since I think we need to follow a link through our Fantasy league's page, but they haven't set anything up.
    I've heard back from MLB and they said they are "looking into Pre issues". I've been trying to purchase Gameday audio, but it keeps giving me an error when I try to purchase. I also have Gameday coming from CBS with my fantasy league, but I can't seem to find anything on that site to help me out. I would have thought MLB would have their act together a little bit better than this, but I guess not.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    I've heard back from MLB and they said they are "looking into Pre issues". I've been trying to purchase Gameday audio, but it keeps giving me an error when I try to purchase. I also have Gameday coming from CBS with my fantasy league, but I can't seem to find anything on that site to help me out. I would have thought MLB would have their act together a little bit better than this, but I guess not.
    MLB is all about iPhone and Android, that's where the money is.
    That said Mobile Premium is a good way to follow MLB on the Pre and for $15, being able to listen to EVERY game is a steal.
    I still can't find a link to get Premium yet, but I guess I'll wait until I find it. I still have an open ticket with MLB Mobile support on the Gameday Audio.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I still can't find a link to get Premium yet, but I guess I'll wait until I find it. I still have an open ticket with MLB Mobile support on the Gameday Audio.
    I have a link to Mobile Premium from last year, but it gives the same "unexpected error" that the Gameday Audio link does.
    I have a link to Mobile Premium from last year, but it gives the same "unexpected error" that the Gameday Audio link does.
    Give it another week or 2.
    I may wait to subscribe, depends if Sprint gets the Pre and if it's 4G.
    I may go Android and get the At Bat app.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Dear CubsWin:

Thank you for your inquiry.

MLB Gameday Audio for your mobile device will be available and ready on opening day.

We do apologize for any delay and inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact our Mobile Customer Support department at 1-866-306-5311.

Sincerely,

MLB.com Mobile Customer Support Team
    Let's hope they are right!
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I was finally able to get an order to go through today and I was able to connect to a broadcast. The strange thing is that when I am listening to a stream it just gives me a blank screen on my phone and if I try to minimize it or do anything else then the stream disconnects.
    I was finally able to get an order to go through today and I was able to connect to a broadcast. The strange thing is that when I am listening to a stream it just gives me a blank screen on my phone and if I try to minimize it or do anything else then the stream disconnects.
    if I remember correctly this is how it worked last year. Unfortunately the card it plays in is treated like a game or other multi-media website in that it pauses if it's not the main page. This severely takes away from the webOS experience.

I believe there may be a patch on preware to allow it to continue playing.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    if I remember correctly this is how it worked last year. Unfortunately the card it plays in is treated like a game or other multi-media website in that it pauses if it's not the main page. This severely takes away from the webOS experience.

I believe there may be a patch on preware to allow it to continue playing.
    I guess that would be fine if the card actually showed something, but it is just a black screen that makes it look like the phone isn't even on. If anyone has any more detail about the preware patch, please let me know.
    Anybody get MLB Mobile Premium to work? It includes Gameday. I looked for it today, but found nothing. Sounds like this might not be worth it?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Anybody get MLB Mobile Premium to work? It includes Gameday. I looked for it today, but found nothing. Sounds like this might not be worth it?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I don't know if MLB Mobile Premium still exists. When you link from the MLB Mobile site, it just goes straight to Gameday Audio. My experience with Gameday Audio so far has been pretty bad. I listened to a game this afternoon and the sound quality was poor, the audio skipped, and if I receive a phone call or do anything else on the phone it kills the stream completely. I don't remember any of that being the case last season with MLB Mobile Premium. Hopefully they will make some improvements before opening day, because it is near unlistenable in its current state.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast