1.    #1  
    Ok im defiantly in the camp that says the browser has problems, like you cant find text, or copy words from a web page ( i know you can do paragraphs..) etc....

but then i found this article Opera Mini vs. Safari on the iPhone

If you go to the speed section it says safari on the iphone took 23 seconds and opera took 8 to load up Technology News, Product Reviews, Software Downloads | Digital Trends...well i thought I'd give the old pre a go and what do you know, I didn't use any fancy timers, but it averaged between 5-6 seconds. Tested the rest of the sites the article listed and each time the pre beat both the iphone browsers.

Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Ok im defiantly in the camp that says the browser has problems, like you cant find text, or copy words from a web page ( i know you can do paragraphs..) etc....

but then i found this article Opera Mini vs. Safari on the iPhone

If you go to the speed section it says safari on the iphone took 23 seconds and opera took 8 to load up Technology News, Product Reviews, Software Downloads | Digital Trends...well i thought I'd give the old pre a go and what do you know, I didn't use any fancy timers, but it averaged between 5-6 seconds. Tested the rest of the sites the article listed and each time the pre beat both the iphone browsers.

i agree that the browser on the Pre is one of the best available, but what reviewers fail to realize when comparing opera mini to others is that opera mini uses server side rendering thus making it faster than the rest, so any other is at a big disadvantage... but IMO i rather have quality browsing over speed
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
  3.    #3  
    Well from my rough tests our browser is faster then opera
    I compared my Pre (720 MHz) with a 3GS the other day, the 3GS still was a little bit faster, but really not much. (Same network, time, websites). Both were faster than a Droid (or to be exact a German Milestone, Android 2.1) or the 3G.
    Yup, I don't think it's a well known fact but the Pre's browser is easily on a par with Safari - I've seen a few 'real world' Internet speed tests and the Pre's browser loaded a page faster than the 3GS. (Of course under perfect conditions the 3GS might have won). But hey, I call that a fair win for Palm
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    I rather dislike how its "zoom all the way in" feature in larger text fields.

It should zoom into the width of the text field, no matter the size... and let me zoom in to the level I want from there.

This is the easiest fix to one of the worst "features" of the Pre.

Next easiest fix is to start implementing more hotkey shortcuts, especially in regards to toggling the screen/keyboard backlights.

Accomplishing these two would make the phone feel REALLY complete. I've been waiting on fixes like these since I got the phone in late October. How hard are these fixes?? Can't hire one more guy with salary of $250,000 to thumb his bunghole for 51.5 weeks and provide us with these two simple fixes in the other remaining 3 or 4 days of the year??!?!??

Sheesh.