Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
  1. Keegsta's Avatar
    Posts
    198 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    #21  
    Aaaaaahhhh. Well, When I read ANYTHING about the camera app, I knew exactly what I was going to say before I even read the topic. I have been holding this in for a while, it's not like I was like "Well, now that you are mentioning a bad camera in a negative tone, I think I'll rant a little in the same tone." But, whatever whatever whatever, anyway, My camera app is preforming horribly, and so is a bunch of my friends. You guys can tell me you don't have any problems all you want, fact is, I still know I have them. All of our phones are not running the same tasks and processes exactly the same as everyone's Pre's on here. I may be running Tweed in the background and maybe you have never downloaded Tweed. Now, let's say it's something like that, HYPOTHETICALLY, it's something like that, then it needs to be fixed. It shouldn't preform this bad for anyone.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
  2. #22  
    I have the same problems as the OP. The camera app, when I open it, works about 40% of the time. It takes amazing pictures and when I first got the phone I was very happy with it. After 1.4 anytime I want to take a picture or a video I wait for about 15 seconds for the card to stop blinking and actually open. After that everything is up in the air, like I said earlier, about 60% of the time it opens I can't even use it. I have to restart the camera app entirely. A few time I have had to restart the phone entirely just to take a picture. Say what you want, but the truth is if I CAN'T use the camera app more than half the time then it is garbage. Period.

    I have yet to record a video over 2 minutes long and it still have the audio. I have tried every thing I can think of to fix this. Removing patches, removing battery, Doctoring, and I have two friends that are having the same problem and one of them got a new phone and still has the same issue. Frankly I really don't care if your experience with it is great, because mine isn't. I love this phone, I love WebOS, I love Palm, and I truly want them to succeed, but the bottom line is the phone needs to give a constant experience to all users. If some people aren't having any problems with the app then no one should be having any problems with the app.
    Drove a total of six hours across state lines to get a Palm Pre.
  3. #23  
    I love the camera and have used it for promotional material for a 5k fundraiser and a bunch of other stuff. I have had it hang up on opening a couple of times, but other than that, no problems here. As to the multiple video issue, not here either. Took 6 videos in a row at my daughters Drill Team competition, shortest of 2.5 minutes, longest over 6. All recorded fine, and posted to FB and youtube without issue. I hope you find a solution to your camera issue because for a large number of us, the camera is one of the best features of the device.
  4. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #24  
    I quit using the camera and video camera completely due to the slow launch, the slow shutter response and the choppy/stalling video camera. Rebooting does help speed things up but any OS that requires constant reboots just to perform a basic function is doing something wrong.

    And as for picture quality. It's decent but the Pre camera was outdated already at launch since it lacked autofocus so this is just another case of Palm cheeping out on hardware and unnecessarily creating a bad reputation in phone quality. It's too bad because the app potential was never reached because they needed to save a buck.
  5. #25  
    I'm in the same boat. I have some issues with the camera software launching, seems like 50% of the time I get stuck with a grey screen with video feed from the camera behind it. The controls never come up. Sometimes if I close it and reopen it works, other times it's a restart.
  6. #26  
    Don't know what the issue is for some people, but the photos can be amazing, especially for outside shots. Never really had any troubles with the camera. Fairly basic but works for me.
  7. #27  
    While I'll acknowledge that the Pre's close focus and interface could be improved, the quality of the photos and video is the best I've used on a phone. I enjoy using it for snapshots and find most of the printed photos are acceptable for home albums. I'm a regular Twitpic uploader (tonight's photo) and find it easy to upload to blogs or whatever using an email address. I've added the homebrew Flickr app, but haven't made a habit of using it just yet.

    Personally speaking, the Pre camera is far from "Shoddy awful." I'll add a suggesting to clean the lens if your contrast and sharpness seems off ... a regular cleaning is a good idea.

  8. #28  
    I agree 100% with the OP, when I bought this phone @ launch it was bar none the best camera on a phone out there, autofocus or not. With 1.4 it is almost unusable. One you could take 6 shots as quickly as you could hit the button, now there is a horrible lag. Opening the app itself is hit or miss and changing from still to video is also hit or miss. I've been greeted with that gray screen so many times I've stopped using it. And did I mention the overwriting images issue?

    it still puzzles me why posters here side with a device over people. We arnt making this stuff up.

    this isn't a bash the pre post. No one here is arguing the camera wasn't great before 1.4
  9. Keegsta's Avatar
    Posts
    198 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    I agree 100% with the OP, when I bought this phone @ launch it was bar none the best camera on a phone out there, autofocus or not. With 1.4 it is almost unusable. One you could take 6 shots as quickly as you could hit the button, now there is a horrible lag. Opening the app itself is hit or miss and changing from still to video is also hit or miss. I've been greeted with that gray screen so many times I've stopped using it. And did I mention the overwriting images issue?

    it still puzzles me why posters here side with a device over people. We arnt making this stuff up.

    this isn't a bash the pre post. No one here is arguing the camera wasn't great before 1.4
    Jesus christ, thank you.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    See this is the kind of garbage I'm talking about. YOU may not have these problems, but the 5 friends I have with a Palm Pre and myself do have these problems. I don't understand why it makes it not a problem, if YOU don't get the same results the OP or anyone else gets.
    I never said it wasn't a problem. I said it wasn't a problem for ME. I was trying to help the guy by offering suggestions, you were the one that said those suggestions were garbage.
  11. #31  
    i had issues with it loading but after installing the 720Mhz patch i dont ever have a problem with it loading
  12. #32  
    The camera on my Pre Plus seems to work just fine. It's not going to replace a digital camera by any means, but it's not meant to. Besides, who really NEEDS their phone to take pictures? If you need to take pictures that bad, then you probably already have a digital camera. I think the images from my Pre Plus look great and haven't had any issues with speed, response, etc.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I never said it wasn't a problem. I said it wasn't a problem for ME. I was trying to help the guy by offering suggestions, you were the one that said those suggestions were garbage.
    Look, if your suggestions don't work and if they are suggestions that have already been tried by most of us then they are garbage. This isn't a quick fix problem it's a "Palm needs to get on the ball and fix this" problem.

    From what I have seen in this post several people are complaining about issues with the camera app and you came in and all hell breaks loose because you don't have any complaints. You come in flailing your arms saying MY PRE WORKS FINE YOU GUYS NEED TO STOP CRYING!!! THE PRE IS THE BEST PHONE OF ALL TIME, NO OTHER PHONE CAN BEAT IT!!!ALL I'M TRYING TO DO IS HELP. Bro, you're not helping, you can't help unless you have a leaked 1.5 update sitting on your shelf. The post isn't titled "Help camera app not working." Or "My camera app isn't working please tell me if yours is because I really need to know." I can't speak for anyone but myself but I can say that as someone who has a poorly working camera app I really don't want to hear you say "Well mine works perfectly." And I certainly don't want to hear you say that multiple times.
    Drove a total of six hours across state lines to get a Palm Pre.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Equals hXc View Post
    Look, if your suggestions don't work and if they are suggestions that have already been tried by most of us then they are garbage.
    Am I a mindreader? How am I supposed to know that most of you have tried these suggestions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Equals hXc View Post
    From what I have seen in this post several people are complaining about issues with the camera app and you came in and all hell breaks loose because you don't have any complaints.
    I was the first person to respond to the OP in this thread. I didn't "come in" after everyone else started ****ing and moaning. What a bunch of whining crybabies.

    To the OP: I hope you get your problem fixed. Sorry I tried to help, I won't make that mistake again.
  15. #35  
    the camera app takes for ever to load even with the 800mhz patch!
  16. #36  
    It is apparent that some people are having problems; other people are not.

    This thread has run its course.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions