Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    so i was hammered last night and decided to try to skip my pre like a rock on the street. Surprised with the outcome, the 3m Di-noc case held up remarkably well, but my keyboard did not. There is no visible scratches at all. I have done both a soft and hard restart. should i just take advantage of the insurance i pay each month and trade it in?
    Remove the battery and look for the data cable that connects the keyboard to the pre's motherboard. Push on it (gently) with a pen, your fingernail, or something small.

Turn it back on and see if that fixes it. It worked for me one time. No guarantee but it's worth a shot.

edit: the cable is yellowish about 1cm wide. I'd take a picture but I don't have another camera besides my pre.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Why the H would you do something like that? Maybe you should avoid alcohol?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Nightburn, that solved my issue. For lack of a better word, the ide cable wasn't seated all the way in the slot. A simple troubleshooting step that I should have checked it in the first place. Thanks
    Awesome, I'm glad that worked for you. It's one of those things that more people should know about, I bet it would fix a high number of phones otherwise considered defective.