webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > I don't receive text messages from one particular person.
I don't receive text messages from one particular person.

Old 04/18/2010, 01:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Anyone know why? She gets my text messages but I don't get hers. Has anyone had a similiar problem? My pre is on the sprint network and her phone (blackjack) is on ATT.
avargas28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2010, 01:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

a guy I work with has the same problem. He wasn't getting texts from one person. He called sprint that thwy had him update his network setting, and that didn't work.

we also trried to doctor his phone but that made it worse, now he gets no texts. May wanna call sprint and try to get a replacement phone?
brennan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2010, 02:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
a guy I work with has the same problem. He wasn't getting texts from one person. He called sprint that thwy had him update his network setting, and that didn't work.

we also trried to doctor his phone but that made it worse, now he gets no texts. May wanna call sprint and try to get a replacement phone?
yeah, I don't plan on doctoring anything. I guess I'll give sprint a call and find see if I can find a resolution.
Old 04/18/2010, 02:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avargas28 View Post
Anyone know why? She gets my text messages but I don't get hers.
Are you sure she's sending you any?
Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2010, 02:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
Are you sure she's sending you any?

lol, yeah. We were together yesterday and we tested our phones. She gets mine literally a second after I press send. Her text is no where to be found.

Its a problem for me because I hate talking on the phone.
Old 04/18/2010, 02:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Had this happen before, but it was with my cousin's phone, which is a Pre as well. She would send text messages, but I wouldn't get them. Turned out it was because she had synced her Yahoo contacts into her phone and it was duplicating my entry. So she was sending her text messages to my Yahoo contact rather than my phone number. Weird...not sure if this is what's happening, but thought I'd share.
maynardblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2010, 02:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

I just googled "problem receiving text messages from ATT network" and see where a lot of people are having the same issue as you. Sounds like a network problem with ATT.
Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2010, 06:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

i have the same problem but only with one person, the other phone is on the sprint network.
jurias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/19/2010, 07:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yup this is happening to me too. He has a Samsung Moment on Sprint. I can't SMS to him. He received one from me and replied but i never received anything. This only happens to his number and no one else.

I even tried deleting contact and re-entering to no avail. When I manual type his number in SMS nothing sends.
lancelot916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/20/2010, 02:08 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot916 View Post
Yup this is happening to me too. He has a Samsung Moment on Sprint. I can't SMS to him. He received one from me and replied but i never received anything. This only happens to his number and no one else.

I even tried deleting contact and re-entering to no avail. When I manual type his number in SMS nothing sends.
Interesting. I still haven't got around calling sprint.

There were other little things too; like when I send a text via contacts, it isn't saved in the threaded area. This is still the same person I'm having the text issues with.
Old 04/20/2010, 08:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

i hear that samsung devices have a way to block text messaging from certain people. i've seen that in other forums just can't remember where i saw it.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
05 TypeS DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/2010, 07:28 PM   #12 (permalink)

Talked w/Palm technical support and their advice was - webdoctor.
lancelot916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/2010, 07:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

I had this problem often when I was on ATT it's there network. Sometimes it would take a week+ for people to get my txt. So glad I left that place.
Excal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/2010, 09:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avargas28 View Post
Anyone know why? She gets my text messages but I don't get hers. Has anyone had a similiar problem? My pre is on the sprint network and her phone (blackjack) is on ATT.
Yeah, I had a girlfriend like that once too ;-)
Mikey47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2010, 10:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

I'm having the same exact issue (dont receive texts from only one person) on ATT, I have the pre.
So how did you fix it? or what was the problem?
Your help is appreciated.
predudesf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2010, 10:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

from what i gather it is a problem with the ATT network . not your phone !
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2010, 10:54 PM   #17 (permalink)

I get this problem too, but not exactly to one person but one network. Im on Bell (in Canada) and it seems that i have trouble with people on Rogers. After complaining to both Bell and Rogers to determine the problem I was finally able to get Rogers to admit it was them.

I later did some more research online and found that it may be the company which is responsible for transferring the text messages form one network to the next.

I don't know much about the actually network types and how they work, but i have always thought that it was a problem with sending text messages form a GSM device and receiving them on a CDMA device.
diodo314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Shadavis08
Old 11/07/2010, 10:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

I can't send or recieve to one particular person, we're both on AT&T. Come to think of it, we have traded messages when I had my Treo. I'll have to put my sim back in that phone & see if it works...
jscm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/08/2010, 09:12 AM   #19 (permalink)

Have either of the numbers been ported to/from the carrier?

I had Nextel and ported into Sprint. I could not receive texts from any Nextel number. Turned out that in the Nextel side, my number had been manually added so porting out did not automatically remove it. Its "fun" getting tickets opened on an old carrier/system - lucky for me Nextel/Sprint are at least the same company!
thrillhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/08/2010, 09:39 AM   #20 (permalink)

Has happen with other carriers as well, I'll send a text and it goes blank it would not send at all, so weird.
MasterMode is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0