1.    #1  
    This names pages in launcher patch is causing too many problems on my Pre! How do you uninstall this junk from the Pre when the error message keeps poppin up? I can't even use WebOSQI because it says it needs to update my patches to be compatible with the new version. Every time it gets to this patch it gives another error message and stops. It doesn't update the rest of the patches and it doesn't uninstall this problem patch so basically WebOSQI is useless. I've done searches and everybody has a million different opinions on what's the problem but no real solutions. I need this fixed WITHOUT NUKING MY PHONE!!! Somebody help before i throw this thing against a brick wall!!!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I am feeling your pain! I had not yet pulled out webosqi, disappointed to learn that will be futile! I emailed the developer of the app, no response at all. There are a couple little issues since 1.4.1.1, though I don't know for sure, perhaps they can be related to this patch. Sure wish I could resolve this also.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Did you try running EPR from Preware? That would remove all the patches. Or you could try just removing this patch from preware as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1 View Post
    This names pages in launcher patch is causing too many problems on my Pre! How do you uninstall this junk from the Pre when the error message keeps poppin up? I can't even use WebOSQI because it says it needs to update my patches to be compatible with the new version. Every time it gets to this patch it gives another error message and stops. It doesn't update the rest of the patches and it doesn't uninstall this problem patch so basically WebOSQI is useless. I've done searches and everybody has a million different opinions on what's the problem but no real solutions. I need this fixed WITHOUT NUKING MY PHONE!!! Somebody help before i throw this thing against a brick wall!!!
    The named pages patch is affected by other launcher related patches. Simply remove all patches that are launcher related, and then you'll be able to remove.the named pages patch.
    I understand you're frustration, but in the future you might want to refrain from referring to a Developers work as crap. Using homebrew and patches carry a certain risk but are almost always fixable. You can always get help here if you simply state your problem and details.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    there is nothing wrong with that patch. Works fine. Another patch is creating this problem. I'd bet it's the 5x5 or page wrap or something like that. You over reacted and probally shouldn't use patches if you don't understand how they work.
    I have to agree this kind of attack has no place here. If you don't like the app fine but save the flaming for political web pages.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Also you are not using the current version of WOSQI! 3.10 is the latest version and does not have the issues you are complaining about.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.