Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    as of 4-20-10 i will be on my 2nd pre since launch.. it officially got stuck in headset mode.. removed all preware with doctor...Oh.. and geeksquad protection plan is a joke.. at least the best buy by my home (orange,ca) walk in there let them know my freaking phone is stuck in headset mode. they send me to geek squad area guy comes back out after 15 minutes and says we need to send it out im like ok..how long is it going to take he says 3-4 weeks im like ***.. he then goes on and offers me temporary replacement for 150 bucks till my phone gets back.. im f%# this im going to sprint since they messed up when I first purchased the phone at best buys the guy never removed the sprint protection plan... thank god.. because i drove down the street to the nearest sprint store where they looked at it and said we need to get you and new one and it will be here tuesday around noon.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    So you have been paying for 2 protection plans? I would get rid of one of them ASAP.

Your problem is a warranty issue, so your phone should be replaced for free even if you didn't have any protection plan.

Also keep in mind that with Best Buy's plan, you have to wait 3-4 weeks but there is no deductible and they give you a brand new phone, not a refurbished one. With Sprint you get a new phone in a day or two, but you have to pay a $100 deductible and you get a refurb.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    Also keep in mind that with Best Buy's plan, you have to wait 3-4 weeks but there is no deductible and they give you a brand new phone, not a refurbished one. With Sprint you get a new phone in a day or two, but you have to pay a $100 deductible and you get a refurb.
    That is just false information... The only time you pay the deductible with Sprint is if it is something like water damage, or it is obvious you smashed it... or it was lost or stolen... I have used the TEP at my local sprint store for the pre 2 times, and have not had to pay a dime... My friend has also had his replaced for free.... The $7/month insurance is a deal imo.
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    No, it's not false information. There is a difference between TEP and warranty.

If you damage your phone, you make a TEP claim and you have to pay the deductible.

If something just goes wrong with your phone and it's not damaged, you are making a warranty claim and you would get a free replacement even if you didn't have TEP.
    Last edited by kd0axs; 04/18/2010 at 09:18 AM.
    It was an easy fix to your phone. All you had to do was keep pulling a jack in and out and your phone would of eventually got out of headset mode.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by melvinj24 View Post
    It was an easy fix to your phone. All you had to do was keep pulling a jack in and out and your phone would of eventually got out of headset mode.
    Or shoot somecompressed air into the hole. Works for me every time, sometimes just by blowing in there.
    TEP is for loss or damage. Warranty for defects in manufacturing or component failure. Had to use both this past month. TEP after I smashed my Pixi and warranty when my son's S30 stopped charging. Both times a replacement arrived within 48 hours not 3-4 weeks.

Sprint is $7/mo, BB is $10. So over the course of a year you pay $184 to Sprint if you have to replace one phone. With BB you pay $120 but lose a month of usage. I guess it depends upon what's more valuable to you, time or money?
  8. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    There's a Sprint service center in Irvine off the 5 at Jamboree. I have been taken care of very well at that service center with all our Sprint phones. Even my daughter's phone that was over a year old and without a protection plan was replaced free of charge.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by stigmadual View Post
    as of 4-20-10 i will be on my 2nd pre since launch.. it officially got stuck in headset mode..
    So i will take it that you never tried to flick the switch in your headphone jack? You should have atleast tried that before sending in your pre. I got to the same point where i was extremely fustrated with it, then i read this and it turens out that there is literally a hardware switch in your headphone jack which determines whether the headphone are plugged in or not.
    ive had ten replacements with no insurance whatsoever. you people are getting ripped off...
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Not all of the headphone issues are that simple. Mine got stuck in headphone mode on Thursday, and I tried every single fix in the sticky. None of them worked. I took the phone into the Sprint store on Friday and was told that it is a software issue. I have a stock Pre, so it wasn't caused by patches. Since they did the diagnostics on it at the store, it has actually deteriorated. Now when the phone is on a call (no matter whether incoming or outgoing), it constantly switches between headset, headphone, bluetooth, and speaker, not staying in any one mode for more than a few seconds, rendering the phone completely unusable.

So please do not assume that when a person has this particular issue that it is always as simple as a q-tip and some alcohol or putting the jack in and out several times. There are actually other causes for this particular issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by av1atrx View Post
    Not all of the headphone issues are that simple. Mine got stuck in headphone mode on Thursday, and I tried every single fix in the sticky. None of them worked. I took the phone into the Sprint store on Friday and was told that it is a software issue. I have a stock Pre, so it wasn't caused by patches. Since they did the diagnostics on it at the store, it has actually deteriorated. Now when the phone is on a call (no matter whether incoming or outgoing), it constantly switches between headset, headphone, bluetooth, and speaker, not staying in any one mode for more than a few seconds, rendering the phone completely unusable.

So please do not assume that when a person has this particular issue that it is always as simple as a q-tip and some alcohol or putting the jack in and out several times. There are actually other causes for this particular issue.
    My pre was in headset mode for about 5 weeks. Within that time i doctored my pre 5 times and did a full erase 5 times, which ensured that it was not a software problem. I went to Bell and they told me it was a software problem and i told them i had done a full erased and doctored it many times and they did not know at that point. I had a choice, stick with my pre, or wait 6 weeks for a refurb. I kept it. I tried the q-tip trick many times, i plugged and unplugged my headphones hundreds of times and nothing worked. After a week of no faith i decided to try it again but once again it did not work. So i decided to try and find this "switch" which one of the members talked about. I grabbed a paper clip and unfolded it and went away trying to find this switch. And guess, it was the reason why my pre was in headset mode, a simple flick up and it was back normal. It has been a month since and my pre goes in and out of headset mode like a normal phone should. Thus, my good sir, you should not assume. I have my good share of headset mode problem and spent countless hours trying to fix it, and i stand by my word that the switch is the base of this problem, not the software.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    My pre was in headset mode for about 5 weeks. Within that time i doctored my pre 5 times and did a full erase 5 times, which ensured that it was not a software problem. I went to Bell and they told me it was a software problem and i told them i had done a full erased and doctored it many times and they did not know at that point. I had a choice, stick with my pre, or wait 6 weeks for a refurb. I kept it. I tried the q-tip trick many times, i plugged and unplugged my headphones hundreds of times and nothing worked. After a week of no faith i decided to try it again but once again it did not work. So i decided to try and find this "switch" which one of the members talked about. I grabbed a paper clip and unfolded it and went away trying to find this switch. And guess, it was the reason why my pre was in headset mode, a simple flick up and it was back normal. It has been a month since and my pre goes in and out of headset mode like a normal phone should. Thus, my good sir, you should not assume. I have my good share of headset mode problem and spent countless hours trying to fix it, and i stand by my word that the switch is the base of this problem, not the software.
    Mine is stuck in headset mode and has been for 2 weeks, finally after trying a bunch of stuff like you I just gave in and went to Sprint. New Pre will be hear Monday, the tech didnt even have to look at the phone for 10 min before he just said they have to order a new one.

Now i'll have a new warranty which is nice, but I plan on getting the EVO anyways so the Pre will just be sitting around or sold.
  14.    #14  
    ruhi is right.. guy just said your new phone will be here 4-20 around noon. never mention a deductible.. i did not know i was paying for 2 protection plans till i went to best buy and got ****ed off and went to sprint store and they told me that i was paying for protection from them also.. sorta glad i was im getting a new phone and getting rid of geek squad BS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhi View Post
    That is just false information... The only time you pay the deductible with Sprint is if it is something like water damage, or it is obvious you smashed it... or it was lost or stolen... I have used the TEP at my local sprint store for the pre 2 times, and have not had to pay a dime... My friend has also had his replaced for free.... The $7/month insurance is a deal imo.
  15.    #15  
    thats what the guy at sprint said if i tried to pull jack in and out.. and usually it was a easy fix by blowing air into it.. the phone was at sprint store for 30 minutes when i came back they had already ordered me a new phone..

Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
    Or shoot somecompressed air into the hole. Works for me every time, sometimes just by blowing in there.
  16.    #16  
    sprint tech center in the city of orange.. corner of MEATS and TUSTIN is great took care of me..

Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    There's a Sprint service center in Irvine off the 5 at Jamboree. I have been taken care of very well at that service center with all our Sprint phones. Even my daughter's phone that was over a year old and without a protection plan was replaced free of charge.
    4-20 is hitl ers brithday boooo!!! -_-
    to get out of headset mode, play a song in music app, and unplug and plug headphones a few times.

if that doesn't work, install ghastly headset app here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...dset-mode.html
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    4-20 is hitl ers brithday boooo!!! -_-
    lmao, its also marijuanas birthday
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stigmadual View Post
    ruhi is right.. guy just said your new phone will be here 4-20 around noon. never mention a deductible.. i did not know i was paying for 2 protection plans till i went to best buy and got ****ed off and went to sprint store and they told me that i was paying for protection from them also.. sorta glad i was im getting a new phone and getting rid of geek squad BS!!!
    You didn't have to pay a deductible because your problem is covered under warranty, so you aren't really making a claim under your TEP plan. Warranty gives you a free replacement whether you have TEP or not. If you were getting a replacement because you damaged your phone, you would be making a TEP claim and you would have to pay the deductible.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast