Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    not to sure about this one, my story i had the 720mhz.sh,,,, so i wanted MORE so i uninstall the program and was trying to find the 800mhz.sh to download couldnt find it for the life of me. but i found this 800mhz.ipk, so i install it, a total different installation, but no big deal,,,,,,,,,, i dont like it, i swear the 720mhz.sh was faster and regular battery life,,,,,,,,,800mhz.ipk OMG less speed and battery will die in 2 -3 hours ***,,,,can anyone experience this? i want(cough cough) Can i please get the link to get the 800mhz.sh please
  2. #2  
    The .sh and the .ipk are the same exact things. The only thing different is the installation method. The .sh method is not being supported anymore since .ipk is much easier. I'm sure caj will chime in here
  3. #3  
    he does not have time to chime in hes busy finishing up on something new coming out soon
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    he does not have time to chime in hes busy finishing up on something new coming out soon
    Oh ok. That's more important anyway

    I stand by my previous post. The .sh and .ipk overclock are the same thing.
  5.    #5  
    so whats up with the battery, and the sluggish pre?
  6. #6  
    i ran both -- they seemed to preform the same -- get the uberscaler from number1pete -- it in tandom with the 800 ipkg have my phone lightning fast and at 34 degrees c when heavy usage and 27 degrees at idol -- i have a lot of aps and patches which have a background presence -- mode switcher, where is my pre, geo strings and on and on so i am abusive on my battery but i still average 8% to 12 % an hour most of the time -- i have a problem and cannot put the phone down --if i did that number might be better
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i ran both -- they seemed to preform the same -- get the uberscaler from number1pete -- it in tandom with the 800 ipkg have my phone lightning fast and at 34 degrees c when heavy usage and 27 degrees at idol -- i have a lot of aps and patches which have a background presence -- mode switcher, where is my pre, geo strings and on and on so i am abusive on my battery but i still average 8% to 12 % an hour most of the time -- i have a problem and cannot put the phone down --if i did that number might be better

    is it a patch, can i get it from preware ?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    he does not have time to chime in hes busy finishing up on something new coming out soon
    Not trying to hijack this post, but perhaps you would like to provide a heads-up as to what this "something new" is?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    is it a patch, can i get it from preware ?
    I have the 800mhz patch installed and then installed this cpu scaler CPUScaler Application for Palm PRE - Turn on CPU Scaling or Set the CPU Speed You have to make sure you dont have any other scalers or smartflex stuff at all
  10. #10  
    just put cpuscaler excatly likr that in to the search bar and it will find it
  11. #11  
    I have used both the .sh patch and the ipk. They are the same as far as mhz is concerned. The .sh method is more of a hands on installation, whereas the ipk is more of an automatic installation method.

    At least that's my experience
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    is it a patch, can i get it from preware ?
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...cpu-speed.html

    read it and then yes it is available on preware --with a little work
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    he does not have time to chime in hes busy finishing up on something new coming out soon
    What's Caj working on now shadow? Had a search and nothing pops up that's immediately obvious.
  14. #14  
    not to hijack but i cant for the life of me get the cpuscaler site to work i tried the other day as well everytime i go to it locks up and says the page isnt responding and i have to restart my browser...whats up with that?
  15. #15  
    I like the .sh method myself.
  16. simbany1's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by obiwon View Post
    Not trying to hijack this post, but perhaps you would like to provide a heads-up as to what this "something new" is?
    I believe he's working on a Super Prekernel app that I'm looking forward to. But unfortunately that looks to be the end of Caj's work. Should be coming out soon!!
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by simbany1 View Post
    I believe he's working on a Super Prekernel app that I'm looking forward to. But unfortunately that looks to be the end of Caj's work. Should be coming out soon!!
    Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

Posting Permissions