Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Well if Palm ever did come out with a Tablet format,, it'd be competing against the umm,., iPad?? Yeah nothing girly about that
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterfix View Post
    if someone was to walk up to me and say "You have a girl's phone" I'd probably either curse them out or hit them.
    You guys today, you don't know how to recognize an opportunity.

The right answer is "Really, what's she look like?"
    I love my pre and I am a girl (a very old "girl"). But please, no pink.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    If the Pre was pink, I'd agree.
    Mine is MANLY black but my wife looks like this. Yet it still looks strong and not chesty.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    wow, so no salads or mahi tahi's for you eh?
    I love my girl phone!!
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    I'm not here to bash Palm. I've always been a fan (and previous owner) of their products, but if you look at the Pre's form factor, specifically, it's size and shape, there is no denying it was designed to appeal to women. Unfortunately, therin lies its problem. A first generation phone and operationg system must appeal to the techy at heart. The phone must appeal to the early adapters, that have the patience and desire to understand the phone's potential.

Who are these people? MEN

Where are these people? The vast majority have flocked over to the boxy Droid and the larger (less elegant or cury) HTC phones.

So what am I getting at? Palm Preís lackluster sales should not be solely attributed to anemic marketing or glitch-ridden hardware/software. Itís the target audience. Palm picked the wrong one for a first generation product. I love Palm, though, and wish it the best.
    I guess you got you're 10sec.of fame! Everyone is entitle to their opinion,and I guess it goes for you 2. Lol
    just walk around town watching espn and the basketball playoffs and see how many guys think it is a girlie phone.
    So because it's got rounded corners it's a girls phone?
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post
    So because it's got rounded corners it's a girls phone?
    oh yeah, round corners, and a nice big curve along the back of it. I knew that their was a reason I'm interested more in my pre then my own girlfriend lol.
    Wait, what?

This, this is a girls phone? ... I ... I never knew. I mean, I always enjoyed the curves. It just never occurred to me that...

I'm going to have to think this over for awhile... Maybe take a walk. I'm so conflicted. I don't think I can be seen in public with a girl's phone, and I thought I really enjoyed my Pre.

Whatever my decision, I would like to thank you protofa for warning me. You've been a great help!

</sarcasm>
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    The hardware is not girlie at all, in fact I find the form factor to be very usable in both size and shape. It's very convenient for both pocket and holster use.
    The stock wallpapers and ringtones however, are VERY girlie indeed. But, luckily WebOS is very easily themed to look any way you want.
    The Saint
    Then we need to add it to this
    I'm a techie... I even moderate
    @ a tech-cellphone sight.
    Nothing new here folks, move along.
    Just another ***** thinks he's onto something.
    Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    Nothing new here folks, move along.
    Just another ***** thinks he's onto something.
    then don't comment is this thread it will just bring back to the new post section.
    I have never seen a girl grow when turned on. When my Pre grows longer (slides open) it is turned on. So I think that is scientific proof that it is a Male phone.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I totally disagree on both accounts...

1) that the Pre is, or even looks like a girls phone. Those God-awful Verizon ads not-withstanding, the Pre is as gender-neutral as The Moto Click or My Touch, or any of the more "Fengu Shui" phones out there. and

2) That a first run has to appeal the techies first. That's even sillier. There are a LOT more non-techies than there are techies, and they buy more phones in volume than techies do. Even if we (I'm a bit of a techy) get bored or disappointed way too easily and spend way too much time figuring out how to sell or trade our phones for the next big thing that we will be too picky about, there are still a LOT more everyday folks out there buying smart phones.

And, for the record... I'm a guy, and I bought the Pixi for my dad. He was ready to go from a separate phone and Palm, to a single device. He was used to a small, thin, candy bar phone, so I thought the Pixi was the best of both worlds. By the time I finished porting his data, I was very tempted to sell my Pre and buy a Pixi. I'm still considering buying one cheap on Craigslist and switching out every now and again.

So, no and no.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    funny you should notice this, one of the first comments I received about my pre was..."that looks like a phone for women".....

the small form factor and probably the most telling was the mirrored backing.

I had to grit my teeth and ignore the comment and proceeded to pretend I knew what I was doing by swiping a few cards.
    I takes a real man to proudly carry a Pixi... I actually love mine. Disappears into a shirt pocket and does everything I need it to. Do I take a little ribbing from the guys? Yeah, until they see what it can do.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast