1.    #1  
    I just got my palm pre today, and everything seemed to be working fine. I then updated it to version 1.4.0. through downloading it from palm on the updates app. I can now no longer make calls, or hear sound, the speaker keeps making a clicking noise, and during the intervals of these my mic speaker click on and off in a call so the call is good - "click" - i cant hear the person im calling and they cant hear me - "click" - it goes back again. Sounds just dont play on any other part of the phone. On top of this when i plug the phone into anything, wall outlet OR pc, it doesnt realize it is plugged in. So i have a phone that is rapidly dying, and that i cant use as a phone. Is there anyway: A) these problems can be fixxed; or B) I can get some sort of web os downgrade? please i really need help
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh sponge View Post
    I just got my palm pre today, and everything seemed to be working fine. I then updated it to version 1.4.0. through downloading it from palm on the updates app. I can now no longer make calls, or hear sound, the speaker keeps making a clicking noise, and during the intervals of these my mic speaker click on and off in a call so the call is good - "click" - i cant hear the person im calling and they cant hear me - "click" - it goes back again. Sounds just dont play on any other part of the phone. On top of this when i plug the phone into anything, wall outlet OR pc, it doesnt realize it is plugged in. So i have a phone that is rapidly dying, and that i cant use as a phone. Is there anyway: A) these problems can be fixxed; or B) I can get some sort of web os downgrade? please i really need help
    Did you try to pull battery?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    Did you try to pull battery?
    just did after i posted that, nothing has changed thanks for the suggestion though
    seems like the update went haywire...if i were u I'd doctor the phone. You got verizon or sprint?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    seems like the update went haywire...if i were u I'd doctor the phone. You got verizon or sprint?
    thing there is im in england, im on O2
    thing there is im in england, im on O2
    oh ok sorry. Specify next time in the OP. Then you got to download the O2 latest doctor or if you have it already if you do use webOS quick install it should be in the same folder that you have it and run it.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    oh ok sorry. Specify next time in the OP. Then you got to download the O2 latest doctor or if you have it already if you do use webOS quick install it should be in the same folder that you have it and run it.
    OMG IT JUST SPRANG INTO LIFE IT IS NOW CHARGING!!! sorry for capitals but i get over-happy when things like this happen. it was just sat there not doing anything, windows made the "plugged in device" noise and the phone lit up offering just charge etc, so im getting somewhere now i can doctor it
    OMG IT JUST SPRANG INTO LIFE IT IS NOW CHARGING!!! sorry for capitals but i get over-happy when things like this happen. it was just sat there not doing anything, windows made the "plugged in device" noise and the phone lit up offering just charge etc, so im getting somewhere now i can doctor it
    good luck with the doctoring! hope everything turns out fine!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

9.    #9  
    thanks
  10.    #10  
    Hey, i've doctored it and everything seems fine now, and im still on 1.4 thanks for your help
    Hey, i've doctored it and everything seems fine now, and im still on 1.4 thanks for your help
    no problem anytime
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!