1.    #1  
    does wifi work on a us pre in other countries ? If my hotel has free wifi..will my pre connect to the internet?

thanks
    I don't see why it wouldn't. It should work fine.
    I was in Nassau Bahamas, had the phone in airplane mode, wifi on and it worked fine.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Europe has 2 more Wifi channels (1-13) vs. the USA's 1-11.

Japan has one more (1-14).

Most EU Hotspots realize using the upper channels would exclude their US tourists, so they set them accordingly...

WyreNut
    Quote Originally Posted by WyreNut View Post
    Europe has 2 more Wifi channels (1-13) vs. the USA's 1-11.

Japan has one more (1-14).

Most EU Hotspots realize using the upper channels would exclude their US tourists, so they set them accordingly...

WyreNut
    It's not that the EU and Japan have more channels, it's that their government doesn't restrict them like the the US does. The hardware is still capable of connecting/operating on these frequencies (with the exception of some WiFi routers.) I bet the pre would connect to channel 12-14 without problem.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Did for me last week - spent 6 days in Germany, and all I had was wifi at the hotel and the convention center.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks everyone. Was planning on going to Italy or Spain in a couple weeks, but I fly standby and this volcano situation is not looking good for me.
    WiFi works fine in Mexico, St. Maarten & Anguilla
    Working great in Iraq. You won't miss a beat my friend.
    Worked great in the UK and France.