Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I have an unlocked (from Movistar Spain) Palm Pre running 1.4.0 and it works fine in the UK on both O2 and Vodafone. However on neither network or via WiFI can I access the App Store. I've tried re-activating it using O2 sim and a new Palm Profile, but although it activates fine, I have no success in accessing the app store, so I'm guessing it is an issue with OS 1.4.0. So I'm considering loading OS 1.4.1 - it would need to be the O2 UK version and then I'd activate using my 02 sim again but with a new Palm Profile. I think this will give me the acess to the App Store, but will I end up with a Pre which is locked to the O2 network in the UK?

Thoughts appreciated
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thanks. The device info tells me it is running on 1.4.0. The phone was unlocked via IMEI and I have the unlock code. I haven't edited the carrier settings, and the data connection works fine on Vodafone 3G in the UK in addition to wifi. When I try the update icon on the Pre, it says phone is up to date and no update is available. So, I was thinking of downloading the 1.4.1 O2 UK webosdoctor and installing that, and then activating the Pre using my O2 sim. When I have previously activated it it has asked for the language, but not the couintry. Are you suggesting that I should choose Spanish (and change it later) even though it is an O2 UK webosdoctor?