Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    sprint sent me an airrave free of charge and i had to buy a router, so i got a linksys wireless... got it hooked up and noticed i now have a wifi hotspot in my house i didnt know routers were hotspots how cool is that.. internet is much faster at home now... my airrave gets activated tomorrow and i hope i get better phone signal too
    You didn't know that a wireless router creates a wireless hotspot? What did you think a wireless router was for? It takes your internet from your modem and distributes it in your house so you can hook up laptops, and your phone, to the internet. Let me know how that airrave is working for you as far as your phone reception goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Let me know how that airrave is working for you as far as your phone reception goes.
    +1
    not cool at all really.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I'm really glad you're excited!!!! ...I'm just a little confused as to why... But Gratz on getting the Airave for free!!! I have one too...but it's at my friend's house! haha
    so what exactly where you expecting when you bought the router?
  7.    #7  
    give me a break guys, im a truck driver... i thought a router just gave me extra ports.. so basically i dont really have a clue about this tech stuff.... but i do know i love my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    give me a break guys, im a truck driver... i thought a router just gave me extra ports.. so basically i dont really have a clue about this tech stuff.... but i do know i love my pre
    actually you are right.. You a stabdard router would only give you extra ports, but yo gor a wireless routers. Anywyas, we were justmessing around.. Wifi also saves you battery!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by watchalong View Post
    this is so exciting!
    i know it... im sitting here watching it to see if it does anything else i didnt know about..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    i know it... im sitting here watching it to see if it does anything else i didnt know about..lol
    Well one more thing it can do for you is protect you a little better from bad people on the interwebs, coz a router also has lots of security features to lock your connection down. Fun things like limiting MAC addresses to only the ones in your computers, the build in firewall, etc..etc.., all depends on the model of router you got.

One thing I suggest you do is use web encryption if you haven't already done so, you don't want the neighbors leaching of your wireless, let those cheap ******s pay for their own. WPA2 Personal ought to do the trick for you!
    Well one more thing it can do for you is protect you a little better from bad people on the interwebs, coz a router also has lots of security features to lock your connection down. Fun things like limiting MAC addresses to only the ones in your computers, the build in firewall, etc..etc.., all depends on the model of router you got.

One thing I suggest you do is use web encryption if you haven't already done so, you don't want the neighbors leaching of your wireless, let those cheap ******s pay for their own. WPA2 Personal ought to do the trick for you!
    Like he knows *** all that means! Give him a how-to link man!

Oh and Camaros suck (Saleen Mustang owner)
    Quote Originally Posted by usnis0922 View Post
    Oh and Camaros suck (Saleen Mustang owner)
    Wanna line them up? You got one of the whiney Saleens or is it the body kit only with bigger tires option. What year?

My motto has always been, GT's to laugh at, Cobras for Lunch, whatever else tuner for dinner.... burp!

And no, it's not stock.
    08 Red Flag Supercharged. Ya if you've got a blower and have done work you'll take me. On a track Id win but you got me on the quarter, especially with these damn Dunlops. 465hp stock, gonna put a smaller pulley wheel eventually and get it to around 500 at the wheels (465 is crank)
    08 Red Flag Supercharged. Ya if you've got a blower and have done work you'll take me. On a track Id win but you got me on the quarter, especially with these damn Dunlops. 465hp stock, gonna put a smaller pulley wheel eventually and get it to around 500 at the wheels (465 is crank)
    I think you got it backwards, it would be closer to 465 to the wheels and 500 at the crank.

I won't divulge completely what it's got done, but I haven't left too much unchanged. The Track would be interesting, while I have 315's on the back with 11" wide wheels, I do have 4.10 gears, so, I got this problem with wheelspin and lack of top speed, good fun on the street though!
    No I mean its at 465 at the crank now and want to get it to 500 at the wheels (575ish at crank)
    No I mean its at 465 at the crank now and want to get it to 500 at the wheels (575ish at crank)
    Oh ok...have you made it to the 11s?
    Oh ok...have you made it to the 11s?
    I sadly have yet to make it to the track. With the stock tires I can expect low 13s, high 12s. With some slicks, probably start to break into the elevens.
    11's is hard to get to dude, especially since your car is more setup for handling and less for launching....but yeah...we are waaaaaaaaaay off topic!
    lol oops thread jack concluded
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast