Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    lol...that was a funny read, we go from wireless routers to camaros and mustardstains.....*** lol
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Hey MannyZ28 and usnis0922, GET A ROOM!
    @hatchettjack, have a look here for securing your router:
    Wireless Security - WiFi Wireless Home Network Security Tips
    Way to thread-jack a-holes..lol

But seriously, BMW FTW =D
    wow did this thread get jacked or what?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    wow did this thread get jacked or what?
    i know where i stand.. lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by usnis0922 View Post
    Oh and Camaros suck (Saleen Mustang owner)
    I'm going to take Manny's side on this one

I'm a Camaro lover and my brother is a Mustang owner. We always fight about it haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    i know where i stand.. lol...
    Back on topic though...

I'm happy you got the Airrave for free and discovered wireless routers is there anything else you'd like to know about them?
    Thank you for your post about a 'free Airave.' I have been considering this item for a while now and thanks to your post I just got off the phone with customer service and they will be sending an Airave out to me within the week. Customer Service was VERY polite and helpful, not to mention understanding.
    what's really cool, is recently Time Warner Cables DNS server went down for 6 hours here in CNY. They called customers with an automated call apologising about it. I never noticed it went down, my connection was fine the entire time because I set my router to use OpenDns instead of automatically using Time Warners. Do a websearch for OpenDns and rely less on your isp!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    Hey MannyZ28 and usnis0922, GET A ROOM!
    @hatchettjack, have a look here for securing your router:
    [url= Security - WiFi Wireless Home Network Security Tips[/url]
    Don't forget to change your default password. And use WPA and Mac address filtering if security is really important.
  11.    #31  
    ok, got the airave activated and now i have 5 bars of signal in my house.. before i was lucky to get one, with constant switching between 1x, evdo and roaming.. needless to say my battery life at home was horrendous..... woot woot woot, not to mention, im still psyched at having a wifi hotspot... also my area was kinda tough to get the airave set up, and the sprint rep was on the phone with me for 2 hours until everything was right... kudos to sprint... thats why i have been with them for 10 years.. excellent customer service
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Don't forget to change your default password. And use WPA and Mac address filtering if security is really important.
    yep, i changed the passwords, first thing i did
    ok, got the airave activated and now i have 5 bars of signal in my house.. before i was lucky to get one, with constant switching between 1x, evdo and roaming.. needless to say my battery life at home was horrendous..... woot woot woot, not to mention, im still psyched at having a wifi hotspot... also my area was kinda tough to get the airave set up, and the sprint rep was on the phone with me for 2 hours until everything was right... kudos to sprint... thats why i have been with them for 10 years.. excellent customer service
    And as Sheldon from "The Big Bang Theory" so rightly said.... "1234 is not a secure password!" Bazinga! LOL, hope that someone other than me watch that show to understand that quote.

And yeah man, sorry for the threadjacking, at least I restrained myself from posting pics!

Also, what brand router did you get? And how did you go about getting the Airrave for free?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    And as Sheldon from "The Big Bang Theory" so rightly said.... "1234 is not a secure password!" Bazinga! LOL, hope that someone other than me watch that show to understand that quote.

And yeah man, sorry for the threadjacking, at least I restrained myself from posting pics!

Also, what brand router did you get? And how did you go about getting the Airrave for free?
    i got the linksys wireless-N- home router at wal-mart for $50.00... called sprint and told them i was having signal problems, the rep instigated me to say i might leave sprint because of it, that allowed her to recommend the airave and switch me to her supervisor, who in turn offered me the airave service (normally $4.99 per mo) for free shipped me my airave on tuesday, and i had it friday, and now im rockin 5 bars... also got a $35.00 credit on my bill to help pay for the router i think sprint likes me..
  15.    #35  
    here they are... some geek pron

here they are... some geek pron
    I can see it's nipples!
    I don't think this is appropriate for a public forum. There may be kids here
    the brand is linksys. the owner is cisco. would be cool to have a cisco palm pre
    If this guy doesn't know what a wireless router does this pretty much means your neighbors just got free Internet lol.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    If this guy doesn't know what a wireless router does this pretty much means your neighbors just got free Internet lol.
    they cant sign on without knowing my password
    looks sweet -- i am pretty sure that this is where a verizon customer is supposed to step in and say something like "if your coverage was better you wouldn't need all that pretty equipment "

but that would just mean i am jealous and we can't have that now can we?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast