Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1. iMando's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
       #1  
  2. #2  
    nope.
    This signature for rent
  3. djs
    djs is offline
    djs's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #3  
    I'm kinda surprised that they aren't at 0$. Bell offers this in Canada, granted we get killed on our plans.
    Last edited by djs; 04/16/2010 at 09:30 PM.
  4. #4  
    I'd rather pay $150 and be on Sprint than pay $50 or even get it free on VZW or ATT, because they get it right back with their expensive plans.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  5. #5  
    The mistake a lot of consumers make is looking at the one time up front cost. Along with the cost of the phone, what will be the TOTAL over the 2 year contract, this is what you really need to be concerned with.
  6. edibledawg's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #6  
    I heard on the last Palm Cast for April 6th - expect to pay about $70 more on Verizon (or is it 70%?). Either way can't afford it. I would love the extra RAM, but it would kill my budget.
  7. iMando's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
       #7  
    It's only $89.99 month on Verizon if u get the 450 Minute plan + 90 Million M2M, with text, web, email and tethering. No GPS.
    Sprint $74.99 for 450 minutes + 250 Million M2M, text, web, GPS. No Tethering.

    And at a $100 dollar difference that covers 10 months of VZW service to virtually match sprint's offerings.
  8. iMando's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
       #8  
    And I really need that tethering for school sometimes when I don't have internet access.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by iMando View Post
    It's only $89.99 month on Verizon if u get the 450 Minute plan + 90 Million M2M, with text, web, email and tethering. No GPS.
    Sprint $74.99 for 450 minutes + 250 Million M2M, text, web, GPS. No Tethering.

    And at a $100 dollar difference that covers 10 months of VZW service to virtually match sprint's offerings.
    you forgot about the free mobile to mobile that's included with sprint. I don't know anyone who has verizon anyways. Not big here Hawaii
  10. #10  
    Sprint's plan is $69.99--$20 cheaper a month for 24 months. $480 cheaper over two years. If you really want to get nitty-gritty, the taxes on $89.99 is more than $69.99. Also, if you keep the 450 ED with Sprint for 3 months you can get yearly upgrades. Sprint wins.
  11. iMando's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
       #11  
    Verizon also doens't charge customers with bad credit $5 a month to use their service, that's what a deposit's for. So it is 74.99. And you have to keep the ED plan on your plan all year before you get the yearly upgrade, which you also get on verizon.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by iMando View Post
    Verizon also doens't charge customers with bad credit $5 a month to use their service, that's what a deposit's for. So it is 74.99. And you have to keep the ED plan on your plan all year before you get the yearly upgrade, which you also get on verizon.
    You only need to be on the plan for 3 months to qualify, not a full year. And the $5 you mention doesn't apply to everyone (I don't pay it, nor does anyone I know), so you can't count it as part of the normal plan price. Only a small minority of people who screwed up their credit have to pay that.
  13. #13  
    I chose VZW because of the coverage.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by iMando View Post
    Verizon also doens't charge customers with bad credit $5 a month to use their service, that's what a deposit's for. So it is 74.99. And you have to keep the ED plan on your plan all year before you get the yearly upgrade, which you also get on verizon.
    If you have bad credit then you wont be able to pay that $200-$300+ deposit and would rather pay $5 extra a month (2 years = $120). Sprint is cheaper period.
  15. iMando's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Excal View Post
    If you have bad credit then you wont be able to pay that $200-$300+ deposit and would rather pay $5 extra a month (2 years = $120). Sprint is cheaper period.
    No because they don't ever take that $5 dollars away, you eventually get your deposit back from verizon.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ignote View Post
    I chose VZW because of the coverage.
    Really? Because Verizon's coverage is included free in my Sprint plan.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ignote View Post
    I chose VZW because of the coverage.
    sprint has the same coverage...
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by iMando View Post
    No because they don't ever take that $5 dollars away, you eventually get your deposit back from verizon.
    Regardless, you've tacked on that $5 as if it is a normal part of the Sprint plan pricing. It is NOT, and therefore should NOT be counted. As I said before, only a small percentage of customers have to pay that.

    By the way, I think you can get the fee waived completely by simply agreeing to use an automatic payment plan.
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 04/16/2010 at 10:59 PM.
  19. #19  
    Besides the treadjacking and the Sprint vs Verizon argument..... No the Pre should NOT still be at 150.00. I'm a little baffled at this considering the fact that we have the original model....
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
  20. #20  
    Basic law of free enterprise. The value of an item is the price at which a reasonable person is willing to sell, and a reasonable person is willing to buy.

    If Sprint is still getting $150 for it, then yes, it makes sense, and sence.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions