Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Palm Pre has been going to Offline Mode recently, I cant make calls or receive calls. I have done a little research, for some people toggling airplane mode fixes the problem for them, however it does NOT work for me.

When i put it in airplane mode and go to turn it off, it still says its in airplane mode. But then i got into menu again to see if i can turn airplane mode on, it has the turn on option, even though phone says it is in airplane mode still...

please help... never had this problem, maybe most recent update messed things up?? I have no idea.. please help.. i love palm, but **** like this makes me really frustrated..

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I've had this happen to me too. What i did to fix it was make sure its on airplane mode, then restart the phone. When it restarts turn off airplane mode. Hope that works for you.

P.s. I had to replace that phone a while ago due to a whole bunch of other issues.
  3.    #3  
    ya i toggled airplane mode and sym+orange+r (restart) and it came back good..

just have no idea why this **** is happening =/
    After the update for 1.4.1 for sprint my phone said "phone off" where the carrier string is. Nothing fixed it, was on the phone with sprint for an hour, got nothing. Talked to Palm for 15 minutes and all they said was it is a "known" hardware problem and to take it to get replaced. Well unfortunately I have Best Buy black tie protection, it has been about 3 weeks and I am still yet to get my Pre.

So what my story gets to is that something happens to the antennae when the phone becomes too hot(as mine did during the update) and maybe that is causing this for you...?
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Tried formating or using webOS Doctor on it? I know I had that trouble a couple of months after the Sprint Pre came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by fayho View Post
    I've had this happen to me too. What i did to fix it was make sure its on airplane mode, then restart the phone. When it restarts turn off airplane mode. Hope that works for you.

P.s. I had to replace that phone a while ago due to a whole bunch of other issues.
    neither of this worked for me and its getting really frustrating. Are there any other ways to get it to work again?
    this happened to my old pre. never got it working. bought a new one and put all the cosmetically good parts from my old phone into my new one...
    I've had it happen once.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Hmm, a widespread issue that I actually haven't experienced. I can't feel your exact pain, but I have some idea. Hoping to never have this issue.

Gonna go find a ton of wood to knock on now.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Just happened to me and I've been trying to hours to fix it. It goes in and out of offline mode, I can't go into my contacts or messages, but I was able to make a phone call?? Idk what is going on here.
    I just had this problem happen to me tonight and it is the single most frustrating problem I've had (and I've pretty much had them all). Spent an hour talking to the *******es who call themselves Palm Technical Support and they say my only option is to replace it. I'd love to seeing as this is my first replacement except that their options are ludicrous. Either wait 5-7 BUSINESS days without a phone and ship their faulty product in at my expense, or have them ship me one for $30 dollars and put a $400 dollar hold on my account. First off, this POS phone isn't worth $400. It's worth max $100 and second where do they get off charging to replace their own damn problem. I've had it with Palm. Come October I'm jumping on the EVO bandwagon. I urge everybody to do the same, I've used it and it's 100x better than anything this company will release. I wish HP didn't buy Palm because now the world has yet another chance to experience the horrid customer service that they spew.
    You could also take it to Sprint. They would replace it for free with no wait.
    I eventually did. They fixed my problem literally within a 5 minute phone call. Didn't charge me a penny. But it's shouldn't only be up to Sprint to pick up Palm's phone's shortcomings.
    I have a Sprint Palm Pre and all morning long it's been showing up as "Phone Offline" in the top-left corner. I can't make/receive calls or texts, and I have no cellular network connection.

This happened to me a few days ago. Rebooting the device fixed it; however today that's not working. And Sprint customer service was of no help. I eventually got pushed to "2nd level support" and she kept asking me if I had an airplane icon at the top-right corner of the screen. I told her the phone wasn't in airplane mode but for some reason she kept asking me.

I'm going to go into the local Sprint service store after work today. I'm guessing the phone's cellular radio is toast and I'll need a replacement, but I was wondering if anyone else has seen this issue.

On a side note: If I wasn't developing apps for the phone, and didn't love webOS, I'd totally ditch the phone and go to the EVO. The Pre hardware is just straight-up flaky. This is my 2nd phone (soon to be 3rd apparently) and I've had other issues on my current phone including a jacked-up power switch and a USB cover that broke off. My wife is on her 3rd Pre as well due to various hardware issues.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Just for giggles try this:
    In the phone app, type ##633#
    Once the Telephony radio turns off, enable airplane mode, then disable airplane mode.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Just for giggles try this:
    In the phone app, type ##633#
    Once the Telephony radio turns off, enable airplane mode, then disable airplane mode.
    After the telephony radio was turned off, I turned on airplane mode. It showed "Airplane Mode" in the top-left corner of the screen. I turned it off and now it's still showing "Airplane Mode" in the top-left corner, as well as the airplane icon.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Strange, when I follow those steps, Telephony turns off, then enabling airplane mode turns airplane mode on, then turning it off enables the Telephony radio and it searches for and finds a signal.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Strange, when I follow those steps, Telephony turns off, then enabling airplane mode turns airplane mode on, then turning it off enables the Telephony radio and it searches for and finds a signal.
    That's because your phone is working!

Guess your telephony is hosed
    Seems it would at least come out of airplane mode but fail to find a signal though

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Guess your telephony is hosed
    Seems it would at least come out of airplane mode but fail to find a signal though
    It doesn't even attempt to find a signal. I found another thread that listed all of the phone's hash codes. Apparently "##66#" is supposed to turn on the cell radio. Nothing happened when I tried it, so I think there's a problem with the cell radio.

Another strange thing is that the touchstone is no longer charging the device. It'll charge via USB, but not on the touchstone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast