Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ##66# does nothing for me either.
    Have you tried pulling the battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    ##66# does nothing for me either.
    Have you tried pulling the battery?
    I assume it would only work if you already have your cell radio off (via ##633#).

Yes. The first Sprint technical support person had me pull it for 3 minutes. He "refreshed my phone" (not sure how since my phone was powered off). When it booted up, it did actually connect. However as soon as I got off the phone with him, it went back to "Phone offline".
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I assume it would only work if you already have your cell radio off (via ##633#).
    I had done ##633# prior to trying ##66#, it did nothing.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Here's another interesting problem. My phone isn't actually charging. I have it plugged in with the USB cable; however the battery percentage has gone down since then. So even though it shows the charging icon, it's not actually charging. Or it is charging and the percentage is wrong. Either way my phone is fubar'd.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Here's another interesting problem. My phone isn't actually charging. I have it plugged in with the USB cable; however the battery percentage has gone down since then. So even though it shows the charging icon, it's not actually charging. Or it is charging and the percentage is wrong. Either way my phone is fubar'd.
    I had the exact same problem about a month ago. took mine to sprint repair center and after waiting about an hour for them to look at it, they claimed to have fixed it. well, they did for like 20 mins. then it went back to offline mode. As far as i know, there is no fixing this(phone offline and battery won't charge)and i would strongly suggest getting a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by cl0ckw0rk View Post
    I had the exact same problem about a month ago. took mine to sprint repair center and after waiting about an hour for them to look at it, they claimed to have fixed it. well, they did for like 20 mins. then it went back to offline mode. As far as i know, there is no fixing this(phone offline and battery won't charge)and i would strongly suggest getting a replacement.
    I'm definitely going to push them to replace it considering this has happened multiple times now.

I wonder, from a hardware perspective, what would cause both the cellular radio and charging to fail simultaneously. At first I thought maybe it's not charging because it's overworking the device trying to get a signal, but the device is cool to the touch. It seems like it should be hot if it's working so hard that it won't keep a charge even when plugged in.

Oh it just keeps getting better and better...

I tried to go into the App Catalog (since I have a working wifi connection). It came up with a popup saying I wasn't logged into my Palm profile (even though it worked earlier today even with this cellular radio issue). The popup gave me the option to reset the device. Before I could do anything it decided to reboot the device on its own. After it booted up, a screen with a blue sky background came up with a "waiting" animation. It finally timed out and now says "Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved".

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    is your USB connected to your computer?

I had the same issue when i connected my pre to my computer but left it on "just charge". After a while it says phone off line. rebooting / pulling battery was all I could do.

This may sound stupid but pull battery, disconnect phone from USB, go outside and turn the phone back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajamin24 View Post
    is your USB connected to your computer?

I had the same issue when i connected my pre to my computer but left it on "just charge". After a while it says phone off line. rebooting / pulling battery was all I could do.

This may sound stupid but pull battery, disconnect phone from USB, go outside and turn the phone back on.
    I haven't plugged it into my computer at all today. But I just tried to connect it to my computer at work. It found the mass storage device, but I couldn't bring up the drive's directory.

I pulled the battery and I'm going to let it sit here for a few minutes and try again. I have a feeling the device erased itself and it's no longer signed into the Palm profile. Since I can't get a cellular signal, I have no way to re-establish the connection.

I'm hoping I can get access to my data on the USB drive at least. I have some files on there I would like to back up before I get the phone replaced.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    yeah your problem is different then mine was. are you able to open any apps that would use the HD. ie a game that saves user data or an app that has to create a database to look off of. If thoes apps still work then its a safe bet that your USB drive can be saved. Dont ask me how to save it. I cant help with linux. Sorry I could help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajamin24 View Post
    yeah your problem is different then mine was. are you able to open any apps that would use the HD. ie a game that saves user data or an app that has to create a database to look off of. If thoes apps still work then its a safe bet that your USB drive can be saved. Dont ask me how to save it. I cant help with linux. Sorry I could help.
    The phone won't even load. It gets stuck on a "blue sky" screen. The Palm profile appears to be hosed. I'll try to hook the phone to my computer at home and see if I can work some magic to try to get the files off the device.

He "refreshed my phone" (not sure how since my phone was powered off).
    Hahaha, i had this EXACT same thing happen to me. nothing works. anywho, when i was on the phone with a sprint tech lady (2nd level apparently, i'd assume it was 1st) she "refreshed the towers in my area" haha

WAKE UP TOWERS!!!!!
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Hey all,

I'm suffering the same issue as the OP. I have tried to fix my Pre, including doctoring it several times and before that, go through settings to get a connection. But of course, all failed.

I brought it to Sprint and they said they tried to fix it and said it was defective. They would have to replace it. While the OP got a replacement for free, it turns out that I've got to pay to get a replacement. At this point, I was already two weeks past my warranty (I guess I had this phone for a year now). It would be $119 to replace it.

Is there anything I can do at this point in short of paying up $119? Please share your thoughts.

Cheers.
    Yeah I'm not sure why this is happening to people. I just got my replacement phone, so hopefully this one will last longer than my 2 previous ones.

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Not sure what you're talking about.
    Thread got merged, that was a separate thread initially.
    I have a Sprint Palm Pre and all morning long it's been showing up as "Phone Offline" in the top-left corner. I can't make/receive calls or texts, and I have no cellular network connection.

This happened to me a few days ago. Rebooting the device fixed it; however today that's not working. And Sprint customer service was of no help. I eventually got pushed to "2nd level support" and she kept asking me if I had an airplane icon at the top-right corner of the screen. I told her the phone wasn't in airplane mode but for some reason she kept asking me.

I'm going to go into the local Sprint service store after work today. I'm guessing the phone's cellular radio is toast and I'll need a replacement, but I was wondering if anyone else has seen this issue.

On a side note: If I wasn't developing apps for the phone, and didn't love webOS, I'd totally ditch the phone and go to the EVO. The Pre hardware is just straight-up flaky. This is my 2nd phone (soon to be 3rd apparently) and I've had other issues on my current phone including a jacked-up power switch and a USB cover that broke off. My wife is on her 3rd Pre as well due to various hardware issues.

This may come in handy for phone offline in the future if you need it. best thing to try is ##RTN# which will let you errase everything if you have MSL.... but to find out if you need to flash the modem firmware remotely type ##radio# explained in the link bellow if it says unknown manual flash is needed

ModemFW Flash - WebOS Internals
    MatterOfFactJack
    ok after having my pre go into offline mode for 3 days I finally figured out that there is an issue with adding google calendar annd facebook calendar after removing both pre came right back online to b quite honest I think it's google though give it try see if it works for you
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Thanks again... i found it by reading your posts talking about sciox... and figured i might as well document it for others sconix... thanks
    MatterOfFactJack
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast