Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A friend that is a trusted source at Palm just found out why Palms SVP quit. He said Michael Abbott was told to rework WebOS to compete and mimmick apples Iphone OS 4.0, to which he declined. My source told me that Palm is done as an independant company, and they will be bought by HTC in two weeks. There is no new hardware what so ever and this is why you are seeing companies such as radio shack discontinuing the pre because they no longer trust palm (very sad), and also WebOS will be dumped as a whole so sorry for the bad news. The big annoucement palm keeps talking about for this week is that sprint will be carrying the pre and pixi plus, just to get rid of all of palm inventory. The pre plus and pixi plus will be priced at $50.99 and $20.99 respectively, and they will come touchstone compatable as well.
    Thank you for your time everyone

I will be getting my new iphone in two months
    I declare shenanigans.
    This signature for rent
    I'll believe it when I see it.
  4.    #4  
    Its true, my source works closely with the palm team.
    One thing that wasn't mentioned, Palm's CFO was going to quit as well but Palm paid him in cold hard cash 250,000 to stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by bvalenzu View Post
    Its true, my source works closely with the palm team.
    Is your source Engadget?
    Quote Originally Posted by wickcity View Post
    One thing that wasn't mentioned, Palm's CFO was going to quit as well but Palm paid him in cold hard cash 250,000 to stay.
    This was mentioned in the Engadget story.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    I declare shenanigans.
    +1

This kind of information never gets to ears of employees.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    OP, no offense or anything, but I looked at your prior posts. 90% of them were pointless bashing of other members here. The other one was creating a late April Fools thread. You really don't seem too credible...
  10.    #10  
    What's engadget?
    What's engadget?
    You've been a member here since last August and haven't heard of or seen anything about Engadget?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Your story makes no sense regarding HTC. Why would HTC even consider purchasing palm if they are not interested in WebOS and Palm had no new phones in the works? I think if they are considering purchasing Palm, they want WebOS. The one thing that HTC does not have is an OS of their own. If they owned and maintained WebOS with an already installed base of customers, profit would be higher on each phone sold with no licensing royalties. It might be possible that they want Palm's patents, but that seems rather weak and a big price to pay for just that.
  13.    #13  
    The only reason I bashed the other members was because they were Packers fans.
    Actually the 'big' announcement is Facebook 1.2. Lol

Facebook for Palm webOS's Photos - Wall Photos | Facebook

And an update to Engadget's posts:
    Since our original report, a number of SEC Form 4s have crossed the wire, indicating that Palm is handing out various quantities of shares to pretty much everyone on the executive roster. Acquisitions frequently involve retention deals for key company players to make sure that the buyer's new assets aren't instantly brain-drained, so it's entirely possible that this is all a harbinger of an impending deal.
    Sniff...sniff....Mooooooooo! What's that smell?

Oh yeah, the possibility that Palm doesn't actually have any more devices in the works. I find that one really, really hard to believe.
  16. djs
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    What's engadget?
    You know people on the "Palm team" and (assuming) you have a pre if you are a member here and you've never heard of Engadget?

Okay there buddy, Apple ******?
    Last edited by djs; 04/16/2010 at 08:39 PM.
    "...Michael Abbott was told to rework WebOS..." "WebOS will be dumped as a whole..."
    Which is it? Rework or dump?
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Which is it? Rework or dump?
    OP said that Palm Software SVP was told to rework WebOS to be similar with iphone OS 4.0. He said no and quit. Therefore, they are dumping WebOS altogether.

Sounds believable to me (Palm's SVP of software really did quit though...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    OP, no offense or anything, but I looked at your prior posts. 90% of them were pointless bashing of other members here. The other one was creating a late April Fools thread. You really don't seem too credible...
    after reading his posts bashing other members, Mr. Lincoln was not pleased.

This signature for rent
    OP spreading BS. Why would HTC buy Palm just to kill-off WebOS? What else would they be interested in?

OP has to be an Apple fan boy. Or has some other motive to undermine any Palm success.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast