Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Gee...I had no idea there could only be 2 reasons for him to quit. Thanks for enlightening me.
    You are welcome!
    [QUOTE=mrloserpunk;2388304]wow, that was silly. There are only two reasons?

How about starting your own consulting firm as a third? Or how about changing industries to make you feel like your making a differance in the world?

The guy was in charge of developing the hottest OS on the market, leaving like that is not to change industries, anyone who thinks that is just flat out wishfull thinking. Something for sure must have happened, we will find out eventually.
    Leading the development of WebOS was probably a very stressful job that consisted of many long hours over a very long period of time.

It's not at all unusual for a person that has been in charge of a very large development effort i.e an operating system, to leave once he feels it's done and stable. 1.4 was in many ways what 1.0 should have been, and is a large milestone build. For him to leave at this point while inconvenient from a press perspective, actually makes sense from the human perspective.

Key leaders of OS dev teams have left MS, Novell, SUN, QNX, etc etc over the years after releases or significant milestones. Or they take long leave of absences, Palm probably couldn't handle him taking a long LOA so he left instead.
    Ok, who cares? Really, Rod or Jason need to take his place though!
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
    It's not at all unusual for a person that has been in charge of a very large development effort i.e an operating system, to leave once he feels it's done and stable. 1.4 was in many ways what 1.0 should have been, and is a large milestone build. For him to leave at this point while inconvenient from a press perspective, actually makes sense from the human perspective.
    Oh. Em. Gee. Is that a joke? Please tell me it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I'd bet my money on it not being true as well, but since none of us can confirm the validity of the op's post, we can't fairly say it's not true either.
    You have a pink elephant sitting on your shoulder. No, seriously, for real. Prove you don't...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    [QUOTE=htabbach;2388497]
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    wow, that was silly. There are only two reasons?

How about starting your own consulting firm as a third? Or how about changing industries to make you feel like your making a differance in the world?

The guy was in charge of developing the hottest OS on the market, leaving like that is not to change industries, anyone who thinks that is just flat out wishfull thinking. Something for sure must have happened, we will find out eventually.
    so what there are still only 2 reasons people leave? You even look at my link? That guy was responsible for one of hottest mp3/cellphone devices in the history of man.

Not to mention pulling apple from the ledge. Apple going down too? You said people in those positions leave for 2 reasons. Guess he must hate jobs??? That why he stayed on as an advisor to him?

No, he left to do is own thing. People have other ambitions besides $$$, more so when you've already proved your self and made a buttload of $$$. I'm afraid you don't quite know what your talking about.

My point is noone knows what happened and pretending you do is nuts. Saying it's one of 2 reasons everytime is equally nuts.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 04/17/2010 at 10:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    You have a pink elephant sitting on your shoulder. No, seriously, for real. Prove you don't...
    he could take a photo and make you look stupid eh?

seriously, can you take a photo showing he left because he saw the writting on the wall?

not a chance.
    In every company I've worked for, divulging even minor information about possible deals would be grounds for dismissal. I realize that many enjoy spilling the beans about sensitive matters. Their desire for self-importance and to appear to be in-the-know overrides their morals. While I don't doubt the possibility that the OP's "friend" has no business morals, I still doubt the validity if the OP's claim.

Someone mentioned it earlier but upper-level management people leave for all kinds of reasons. Some want a new challenge while others want LESS of one. Some want to slow down; some want to retire altogether. Some want to change direction entirely. While it's true that the SVP could believe he's abandoning a sinking ship, we simply don't know if that's the case.
    Last edited by semprini; 04/17/2010 at 11:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Where do I send the picture?
    QUOTE=Modular;2388077]Everything in this post is completely not true.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I'd bet my money on it not being true as well, but since none of us can confirm the validity of the op's post, we can't fairly say it's not true either.
    Except that Modular is a much more reliable source of Palm information than your good self.
    Last edited by johncc; 04/18/2010 at 06:44 AM.
    For all we know, as a SVP, he could have been forced out of the company for Palms own reasons. Maybe he wasn't taking the right direction that JR wanted it to go. We don't know.

Anything lower management and up are always seen to have "left on their own" - for their own sake for getting new jobs
    LMAO heck even better ill buy webos from them for a dollar, he does seem like an apple fan boi with his little iphone in two weeks remark lol

Why would they want to downgrade and mimick Iphone OS 4.0??? hmm lets see we have the best multitasking out there, DOWNGRADE it SVP man make it suck! or your fired! lol
    hi we are HTC we bought your company for fun just to kill off WebOS your only valuable asset. We are such smart business people. You can tell its nonsense just from the whole BS the OPS thread spews makes obsolutely no sense lol.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234