Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 74
  1. #41  
    A clear sign that the company is going belly up is if the webos dev team starts leaving. Not sure how we can find out if the worker bees are leaving....
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by bvalenzu View Post
    A friend that is a trusted source at Palm just found out why Palms SVP quit. He said Michael Abbott was told to rework WebOS to compete and mimmick apples Iphone OS 4.0, to which he declined. My source told me that Palm is done as an independant company, and they will be bought by HTC in two weeks. There is no new hardware what so ever and this is why you are seeing companies such as radio shack discontinuing the pre because they no longer trust palm (very sad), and also WebOS will be dumped as a whole so sorry for the bad news. The big annoucement palm keeps talking about for this week is that sprint will be carrying the pre and pixi plus, just to get rid of all of palm inventory. The pre plus and pixi plus will be priced at $50.99 and $20.99 respectively, and they will come touchstone compatable as well.
    Thank you for your time everyone

    I will be getting my new iphone in two months
    There are so many holes in this story that it must have been made up as you were typing it.

    1st. So the SVP was told to mimic iphone 4.0 OS. Why? If anything the iphone OS is trying to mimic Web OS functions(multitasking, unified email box, support for multiple exchange accts, universal web search) I seriously doubt Palm after creating a superior OS would scrap it all to make it look like the iphone. Too much work to do and too much work wasted and they don't have the time or the money to do any major overhaul of WebOS.

    2nd. There is no big announcement from Palm on the horizon as you stated. The only announcement promised was from the facebook development team which I'm sure has nothing to do with Pre or Pixie plus phones being on sale at Sprint.

    3rd. I seriously doubt any person working at Palm has any real knowledge of HTC's plans if they do buy Palm. You may be right that Palm is done as an independent company but everyone knows this is a distinct possibility.
  3. #43  
    instead of arguing about whether or not webOS is going to be dropped, how bout we take a step back and look at the obvious. obviously palm is ****** if their own software leader doesn't even want to stay around and work on it. HE sees that palm is going nowhere....if anything that should worry everyone. palm's failure is no longer speculation, its a reality believed by ppl within their own company....
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by bvalenzu View Post
    What's engadget?
    Now that's the sign of a true tech ***** If the OP isn't familiar with engadget he is not familiar with technology and is unlikely to have any "source" at Palm.
  5. Modular's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by bvalenzu View Post
    A friend that is a trusted source at Palm just found out why Palms SVP quit. He said Michael Abbott was told to rework WebOS to compete and mimmick apples Iphone OS 4.0, to which he declined. My source told me that Palm is done as an independant company, and they will be bought by HTC in two weeks. There is no new hardware what so ever and this is why you are seeing companies such as radio shack discontinuing the pre because they no longer trust palm (very sad), and also WebOS will be dumped as a whole so sorry for the bad news. The big annoucement palm keeps talking about for this week is that sprint will be carrying the pre and pixi plus, just to get rid of all of palm inventory. The pre plus and pixi plus will be priced at $50.99 and $20.99 respectively, and they will come touchstone compatable as well.
    Thank you for your time everyone

    I will be getting my new iphone in two months

    Everything in this post is completely not true.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    Everything in this post is completely not true.
    I'd bet my money on it not being true as well, but since none of us can confirm the validity of the op's post, we can't fairly say it's not true either.
  7. #47  
    The OP is like a 10 yr old looking for attention from the adults - trying to prove he's a grown-up. Look at all of his other posts and you will see nothing but bashings. His only comeback to my calling him out previously was to act like bashing my team would hurt me instead of standing up for himself. This guy is nothing short of an ***** (which I'm sure the comparison is offensive to idiots). ...now watch as he proves my point...
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    instead of arguing about whether or not webOS is going to be dropped, how bout we take a step back and look at the obvious. obviously palm is ****** if their own software leader doesn't even want to stay around and work on it. HE sees that palm is going nowhere....if anything that should worry everyone. palm's failure is no longer speculation, its a reality believed by ppl within their own company....
    a SR. VP responsible for a very successful sales division within my old company, resigned outta no where a few years ago. Everyone was shocked when he passed away from cancer 8 months later.. You have any real insight in why he left or are you assuming it's because of the state of palm?


    I'd rather it be because of palm then because of cancer btw...
  9. #49  
    Maybe the guy got a better offer. Maybe he has a family to provide for. Do you go with a sure thing (another offer) or stick around and play "let's see what happens with Palm?"
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Maybe the guy got a better offer. Maybe he has a family to provide for. Do you go with a sure thing (another offer) or stick around and play "let's see what happens with Palm?"
    In the big corporate world, in these kind of positions, people don't quit like that unless:

    1- there are problems and disagreements among the exec team.

    2- He saw the writing on the the wall about Palm's future

    Either one is bad.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    In the big corporate world, in these kind of positions, people don't quit like that unless:

    1- there are problems and disagreements among the exec team.

    2- He saw the writing on the the wall about Palm's future
    Gee...I had no idea there could only be 2 reasons for him to quit. Thanks for enlightening me.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    This may just convince some of you!

    (I'm sure someone will say it's a fake!)
    No one's doubting that the guy quit. You've confirmed that.
    Last edited by hparsons; 04/17/2010 at 06:05 PM.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    In the big corporate world, in these kind of positions, people don't quit like that unless:

    1- there are problems and disagreements among the exec team.

    2- He saw the writing on the the wall about Palm's future

    Either one is bad.
    Absolutely incorrect. The statement that "people don't quit like that unless" with those two reasons listed as the the only two couldn't be further from the truth. Do you know who the CEO was this time last year? Hint - it wasn't Rubenstein, and the existing CEO resigned.
  14. #54  
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  15. #55  
    @Tony

    I'll play... Select 2-Player
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    In the big corporate world, in these kind of positions, people don't quit like that unless:

    1- there are problems and disagreements among the exec team.

    2- He saw the writing on the the wall about Palm's future

    Either one is bad.
    wow, that was silly. There are only two reasons?

    How about starting your own consulting firm as a third? Or how about changing industries to make you feel like your making a differance in the world?
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-20001395-37.html
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    @Tony

    I'll play... Select 2-Player
    winner!
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    winner!
    You'll have to wait to play.. We're still on world 4-1
  19. #59  
    Sorry I kept hitting the B button, I'm in world square-1.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  20. #60  
    Here's just as crazy of an idea as the OP. Maybe he is starting his own consulting firm (as said above) to start working with HTC, Lenovo, oe another company on how to integrate WebOS...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions