Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FONdude View Post
    OP spreading BS. Why would HTC buy Palm just to kill-off WebOS? What else would they be interested in?
    Patents and other IP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Patents and other IP.
    that'd be a whole lot of money just for the patents, I'd have to imagine that HTC would use webOS in some way, otherwise I don't see the sale as being worth it to them
    This signature for rent
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    that'd be a whole lot of money just for the patents, I'd have to imagine that HTC would use webOS in some way, otherwise I don't see the sale as being worth it to them
    The patents are also ammunition against sue-happy Apple

But seriously, I'm sure if someone ends up buying Palm, they will use WebOS in some kind of way.
    The patents are also ammunition against sue-happy Apple

But seriously, I'm sure if someone ends up buying Palm, they will use WebOS in some kind of way.
    yeah I know they are, but I just think that for the kind of money it would take to buy Palm it would be foolish not to have some sort of plan to incorporate webOS
    This signature for rent
    I know this more then likely BS. Saying that though it has enough plausibility to make you think twice. Which is really sad.
    I would not be shocked to discover this or some similar scenario to be true. It is very unlikely for any company acquiring Palm to leave webOS untouched as it has proven to be unsuccessful in terms of device sales. While us users may see its advantages and understand its potential, it is doubtful that any interested company will see it as anything but a commercial failure. And it pains me to say this because I think webOS is the best mobile operating system available right now (when it is running at 800mhz).
    I hope this is not true.
    indeed, webos has been a commercial failure and don't see any buyer leaving it untouched if thet even keep the name at all. Given the obvious shortcomings of the html/java base, only the concept will live on, not the os itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by bvalenzu View Post
    A friend that is a trusted source at Palm just found out why Palms SVP quit. He said Michael Abbott was told to rework WebOS to compete and mimmick apples Iphone OS 4.0, to which he declined. My source told me that Palm is done as an independant company, and they will be bought by HTC in two weeks. There is no new hardware what so ever and this is why you are seeing companies such as radio shack discontinuing the pre because they no longer trust palm (very sad), and also WebOS will be dumped as a whole so sorry for the bad news. The big annoucement palm keeps talking about for this week is that sprint will be carrying the pre and pixi plus, just to get rid of all of palm inventory. The pre plus and pixi plus will be priced at $50.99 and $20.99 respectively, and they will come touchstone compatable as well.
    Thank you for your time everyone

I will be getting my new iphone in two months
    12 posts and you offer no proof? BS.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    A friend that is a trusted source at Palm just found out why Palms SVP quit. He said Michael Abbott was told to rework WebOS to compete and mimmick apples Iphone OS 4.0, to which he declined. My source told me that Palm is done as an independant company, and they will be bought by HTC in two weeks. There is no new hardware what so ever and this is why you are seeing companies such as radio shack discontinuing the pre because they no longer trust palm (very sad), and also WebOS will be dumped as a whole so sorry for the bad news. The big annoucement palm keeps talking about for this week is that sprint will be carrying the pre and pixi plus, just to get rid of all of palm inventory. The pre plus and pixi plus will be priced at $50.99 and $20.99 respectively, and they will come touchstone compatable as well.
    Thank you for your time everyone

I will be getting my new iphone in two months
    WOW!!!! This is SO much better than "3 guys whispering to Bloomberg"!!!!! I think you should go to WSJ with this news...

Or the National Enquirer. Do they do tech stories?
    Last edited by hparsons; 04/17/2010 at 11:10 AM.
    Its true, my source works closely with the palm team.
    And, of course, Palm played this very well by making sure not to tell any other high level employees, just folks that work "closely with the Palm team", who could then tell their friends who could then tell you who could then tell us.

Uhhuh. I'm convinced.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    WOS!!!! This is SO much better than "3 guys whispering to Bloomberg"!!!!! I think you should go to WSJ with this news...

Or the National Enquirer. Do they do tech stories?
    OP must be dr3wpro... Just kidding

But I do agree with you though. OP's lack of responses, uncredible "source", and somewhat wild claims makes this seem totaly fake...
  13. fid
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    OP must be dr3wpro... Just kidding

But I do agree with you though. OP's lack of responses, uncredible "source", and somewhat wild claims makes this seem totaly fake...
    Except of course, the front page news story that came out afterward, the engadget article, the other news accounts. Oh yeah.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Please, don't give the OP more attention than he deserves..
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    This may just convince some of you!

(I'm sure someone will say it's a fake!)
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post

I'm sure you can read. What you post confirms the SVP resigning. That document states nothing about webos future, and the ops assumption reguarding the end of webos is unsubstantiated. Your saying because someone left palm, the os is dying. It makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post

People don't doubt that the SVP resigned -- that was a front page story. I think there is a question as to the reason as posed by the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by fid View Post
    Except of course, the front page news story that came out afterward, the engadget article, the other news accounts. Oh yeah.
    I read all the articles from those sites. I know that Palm's Software SVP quit and other top execs were basically paid to stay. I'm doubting OP's reasons why he quit and all the other claims in the OP.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I'm sure you can read. What you post confirms the SVP resigning. That document states nothing about webos future, and the ops assumption reguarding the end of webos is unsubstantiated. Your saying because someone left palm, the os is dying. It makes no sense.
    Ah, my apologies - I clearly misread the thread!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    no worries, thanks for the document though!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast