Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    A representative from palm is trying to get me to doctor my phone to solve my recent keyboard problem. Can someone tell me if I will lose my patches, themes, contact synergy, etc. if I run this? Thanks.
    Yes, you will lose patches and themes. Your applications will re-download from Palm and your contacts will be restored from Palm as well. That is, unless you're using another service like Google.
    I believe you also lose save data from games and some other apps.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    and do you lose your synergy with the contacts as well? I can't believe those damn reps trying to convince me nothing would be lost! thank god I didn't trust them!!
    if you doctor you will lose any homebrew app, patches, and themes.
    Your contacts and official palm apps will be restored, however any saved data in your apps will be lost, such as game saves.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    would someone please tell me if your linked contacts will be saved, aka synergy??
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    would someone please tell me if your linked contacts will be saved, aka synergy??
    They will be saved to either your Palm profile or Google, whichever you use. Your Palm profile is set up by default, so if you never set up Google Contacts then all your contacts are on Palm's servers. Your Palm profile will be restored after using webOS Doctor.
    ALL of your contacts will be saved but not necesarily linked together, for example i have a friend named john, his facebook name is johnathon but his email is just under john, so every time i doctor my phone i have to go back and link those 2 together again
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    thank you!!!! That is what I thought, aka. Hours spent of linking contacts to waste by a webose doctor!
    thank you!!!! That is what I thought, aka. Hours spent of linking contacts to waste by a webose doctor!
    I just got curious about what you asked. When I first got my Pre last summer, I linked some AIM screen names to their proper name and number in my Contacts app. One replacement Pre and three WebOS Doctors later, those entries are still linked. I guess they are actually saved in your Palm Profile...

--edit

Also, the last time I Doctored my Pre, it immediately asked me for my AIM, Gmail, and Facebook passwords. I'm pretty sure linked contacts are backed up in your Profile.
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 04/16/2010 at 09:29 PM.
    you don't listen very well
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    oh I listen! There is obviously a mixed bag on this one!
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    by the way, the automatic links will join again, but the ones you manually do wont!. That is how I understand it.